Programmes of study
Programmes in English
- Coastal and Marine Civil Engineering (MSc. - 2yrs)
- Geotechnics and Geohazards (MSc. - 2 yrs)
- Civil and Transport Engineering (PhD)
Programmes in Norwegian - Advances masters
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (5-yr.)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (2-yr.)
- Engineering Science and ICT (5-yr.)
With regard to the Norwegian Engineering programmes above, the department is responsible for the following specializations:
- Building and Construction
- Roads, transport, and geomatics
- (Real estate development and management)
See also a list of all degree programmes offered by the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology.
PhD in Civil and Transport Engineering
Each doctoral candidate's study is typically financed by a research fellowship. The department can provide information about available positions. The primary contact for questions concerning possibilities or enrollment in the doctoral programme is the Department of Civil and Transport Engineering, at the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology (IVT).
The topic of one's doctoral thesis will normally be confined to research and development projects that are being carried out in the departments or within the associated research groups.
- Examples - completed doctoral theses (DIVA-database)
For additional information including the PhD study handbook, as well as applicable rules and forms, see the doctoral programme pages for the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology.
Brochure - International masters
An introduction to our international master's programme options, is available here in PDF format. Please refer to each programme's webpages for details.