Department of Biology
Study and understand life on Earth!
Would you like to gain knowledge about...
- Practical and theoretical study of living organisms and how they interact with changing environments?
- Biological processes concerning effects of climate change and pollution on biological diversity and ecosystem services?
- Global food supply and how to improve human health and well-being?
The subject of biology ranges from the action inside cells, to the classification and behaviour of plants and animals, the evolution of species, and the interaction of ecosystems on Earth.
Biology education is organised by the Department of Biology
Bachelor and Master's programmes
- MSc in Biology (2 years)
- MSc in Biotechnology (2 years)
- MSc in Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (2 years)
- MSc in Marine Coastal Development (2 years)
- MSc in Natural Resources Management (2 years)
Programmes with Norwegian language requirements