Centre for Innovative Ultrasound Solutions
Centre for Innovative Ultrasound Solutions for health care, maritime, and oil & gas (CIUS) builds on NTNU’s longstanding tradition in ultrasound (US) research for medical applications and extends this to encompass new research areas within oil, gas and maritime sectors.
These sectors have mutual needs and challenges that can be met by new ultrasound technologies. By joining forces and exploiting synergies across disciplines, we will leverage next-generation ultrasound technology. Key ultrasound research tasks are within transducer design, acoustics and image formation, Doppler and deformation imaging, as well as image analysis and visualization.
CIUS has unique academic and industrial competence. CIUS offers excellent research infrastructure and equipment for ultrasound technology development and feasibility testing within all application areas, securing excellent conditions for success in this interdisciplinary and translational research endeavour.
CIUS related publications
- Skal forske på kondisjon og hjerteflimmer (in Norwegian)
- Blog: Leaky heart valves – new method for quantification by ultrasound
- Blog: Pocket-sized ultrasound helps screen stroke patients
- Dette norske gjennombruddet kan hjelpe millioner av diabetikere (in Norwegian)
- Det håndholdte ultralydapparatet blir kalt legenes nye stetoskop (in Norwegian)