Bioinformatics core facility (BioCore)
Bioinformatics core facility's mission is to offer researchers in Norway support at any level regarding bioinformatics analysis. BioCore's offers services to support your research needs in the interface between bioinformatics and molecular biology with focus on high throughput sequence analysis, gene regulation (miRNA, TF, epigenetics), genome stability, genome variation (SNPs) and prokaryote gene/protein analysis.
BioCore assists researchers in three different ways:
- Customer support/consultancy: e.g. to give advice on bioinformatics procedures, methods and resources.
- Technical assistance: e.g. installation of software/databases and simple programming tasks and bioinformatical analyses.
- Research collaboration: requests that require an effort beyond technical assistance/consultancy will be set up as a research collaboration. Funding for collaborative research performed by core facility partners must be provided unless otherwise agreed. The result of joint research shall be published with joint authorship.
To use our services you can either send an e-mail to Manager Jostein Johansen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or make a request through iLab.
The price are based on a full‐cost approach. Note that all prices are exclusive VAT (MVA). VAT will not be charged for partners were there exist a VAT agreement
- Internal services (Academic users NTNU): 550 NOK per hour
- External services (Helse Midt, Corporate services, Other): minimum 550 NOK per hour + VAT
Requests that can be solved within two working days or less are free of charge, provided that the core facility has resources available.