Background and activities
Professor in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, and Deputy Head of Department with particular responsibility for research.
- Methods for experience capture and reuse of human experiences, in particular Case-Based Reasoning
- Decision support systems
- Knowledge modelling and representation
- Machine learning
Application areas in focus include petroleum technology, fish farming, traffic and transport, and health.
Research Group: Intelligent Systems
Additional information: www.idi.ntnu.no/~agnar
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Case-based reasoning for improvein traffic flow in urban intersections. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 8765.
- (2014) Integrating human related errors with technical errors to determine causes behind offshore accidents. Safety Science. volum 63.
- (2014) An overview of case-based reasoning applications in drilling engineering. Artificial Intelligence Review. volum 41 (3).
- (2013) A real-time decision support system for high cost oil-well drilling operations. The AI Magazine. volum 34 (1).
- (2013) Detection of Symptoms for Revealing Causes Leading to Drilling Failures. SPE Drilling & Completion. volum 28 (2).
- (2013) Experience Transfer for Process Improvement. Engineering applications of artificial intelligence. volum 26 (9).
- (2012) Operational Support in Fish Farming through Case-based Reasoning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2011) Case-based reasoning for assessment and diagnosis of depression in palliative care. Computer-Based Medical Systems.
- (2011) An Efficient Hybrid Classification Algorithm - An Example from Palliative Care. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 6679.
- (2011) Combining CBR and BN using metareasoning. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. volum 227.
- (2011) Case-based reasoning in a system architecture for intelligent fish farming. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. volum 227.
- (2010) Architectures Integrating Case-Based Reasoning and Bayesian Networks for Clinical Decision Support. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. volum 340.
- (2010) Decision-support for Diagnosing Depression through Case-based Reasoning. Palliative Medicine : A Multiprofessional Journal. volum 24 (4).
- (2010) The utility problem for lazy learners - towards a non-eager approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 6176.
- (2010) Applications of CBR in Oil Well Drilling: A General Overview. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. volum 340.
- (2009) Case-Based Reasoning for Situation-Aware Ambient Intelligence: A Hospital Ward Evaluation Study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 5650.
- (2009) Determining root causes of drilling problems by combining cases and general knowledge. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 5650.
- (2008) Case-based reasoning for advice-giving in a data-intensive environment. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. volum 173.
- (2008) Explanatory Capabilities in the CREEK Knowledge-Intensive Case-Based Reasoner. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. volum 173.
- (2006) Evaluating CBR Systems Using Different Data Sources: A Case Study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 4106.