Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Ultrasound detection of vascular decompression bubbles: The influence of new technology and considerations on bubble load. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. vol. 44 (1).
- (2014) Saturation Diving; Physiology and Pathophysiology. Comprehensive Physiology. vol. 4 (3).
- (2013) Sidenafil Pre-Treatment Promotes Decompression Sickness in Rats. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (4).
- (2013) Differentiation at autopsy between in vivo gas embolism and putrefaction using gas composition analysis. International journal of legal medicine (Print). vol. 127 (2).
- (2013) Acute and potentially persistent effects of scuba diving on the blood transcriptome of experienced divers. Physiological Genomics. vol. 45 (20).
- (2013) Simulated dive in rats lead to acute changes in cerebral blood flow on MRI, but no cerebral injuries to grey or white matter. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).
- (2013) Effects of hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning on cardiac stress markers after simulated diving. Physiological Reports. vol. 1 (6).
- (2013) Exercise-induced myofibrillar disruption with sarcolemmal integrity prior to simulated diving has no effect on vascular bubble formation in rats. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (5).
- (2012) Early genetic responses in rat vascular tissue after simulated diving. Physiological Genomics. vol. 44 (24).
- (2012) Approximate Explicit Nonlinear Receding Horizon Control for Decompression of Divers. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. vol. 20 (5).
- (2012) Concentration of circulating autoantibodies against HSP 60 is lowered through diving when compared to non-diving rats. Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease. vol. 23.
- (2012) Pseudomonas aeruginosa produce autoantibodies against HSP60 in rats. The FASEB Journal. vol. 26.
- (2012) Deadly diving? Physiological and behavioural management of decompression stress in diving mammals. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 279 (1731).
- (2012) Venous gas embolism as a predictive tool for improving CNS decompression safety. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 112 (2).
- (2011) Optimal Decompression of Divers Procedures for Constraining Predicted Bubble Growth. Control Systems Magazine. vol. 31 (1).
- (2011) Venous and Arterial Bubbles at Rest after No-Decompression Air Dives. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 43 (6).
- (2011) Observation of increased venous gas emboli after wet dives compared to dry dives. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. vol. 41 (3).
- (2010) Simulated diving after heat stress potentiates the induction of heat shock protein 70 and elevates glutathione in human endothelial cells. Cell stress & chaperones (Print). vol. 15 (4).
- (2010) Immersion before dry simulated dive reduces cardiomyocyte function and increases mortality after decompression. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 109 (3).
- (2010) High bubble grades after scuba diving at the limits of recreational diving algorithm. European Heart Journal. vol. 31.