Background and activities
Professor Anders Hammer Strømman works in the field of Industrial Ecology. He conducts research on environmental assessment of Energy and Transport systems on which he has published more than 40 peer-reviewed journal articles. In 2011 Professor Strømman received the Laudise medal in Industrial Ecology in recognition of his work. He is currently contributing as an author to the WGIII of 5th assessment report of the IPCC. On a daily basis he teaches graduate courses in Life Cycle Assessment and Environmental input-output analysis for the students of the Industrial Ecology and Energy & Environment study programs at NTNU.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Climate change implications of shifting forest management strategy in a boreal forest ecosystem of Norway. Global Change Biology. vol. 20 (2).
- (2014) Radiative forcing bias of surface albedo modifications linked to simulated forest cover changes at northern latitudes. Biogeosciences Discussions. vol. 11.
- (2014) Linearity between temperature peak and bioenergy CO2 emission rates. Nature Climate Change. vol. 4 (11).
- (2014) Life Cycle Assessment of a Lithium-Ion Battery Vehicle Pack. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 18 (1).
- (2014) Climate Change Impacts Due to Biogenic Carbon: Addressing the Issue of Attribution Using Two Metrics With Very Different Outcomes. Journal of Sustainable Forestry. vol. 33 (3).
- (2014) Effects of regional variation in climate and SOC decay on global warming potential and eutrophication attributable to cereal production in Norway. Agricultural Systems. vol. 127.
- (2014) Unified Theory of Allocations and Constructs in Life Cycle Assessment and Input-Output Analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 18 (5).
- (2014) Life cycle assessment of electric and fuel cell vehicle transport based on forest biomass. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 18 (2).
- (2014) Environmental Due Diligence of CO2 Capture and Utilization Technologies – Framework and application. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2013) Global Warming Potential of Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Biomass Stored in the Anthroposphere and Used for Bioenergy at End of Life. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 17 (1).
- (2013) The role of forest residues in the accounting for the global warming potential of bioenergy. Global Change Biology Bioenergy. vol. 5 (4).
- (2013) Empirical models of monthly and annual albedo in managed boreal forests of interior Norway. Climatic Change. vol. 120 (1-2).
- (2013) Global climate impacts of forest bioenergy: what, when and how to measure?. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 8 (1).
- (2013) Bioenergy from forestry and changes in atmospheric CO2: Reconciling single stand and landscape level approaches. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 129.
- (2013) Bioenergy vs. Natural Gas for Production of District Heat in Norway: Climate Implications. Energy Procedia. vol. 40.
- (2013) Consistent quantification of climate impacts due to biogenic carbon storage across a range of bio-product systems. Environmental impact assessment review. vol. 43.
- (2013) Climate impact potential of utilizing forest residues for bioenergy in Norway. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change. vol. 18 (8).
- (2013) Comparative Environmental Life Cycle Assessment of Conventional and Electric Vehicles. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 17 (1).
- (2013) Environmental life cycle assessment of cereal and bread production in Norway. Acta agriculturae Scandinavica. Section A, Animal science. vol. 62 (4).
- (2013) Environmental impacts of combined milk and meat production in Norway according to a life cycle assessment with expanded system boundaries. Livestock Science. vol. 155 (2-3).