Anders Hammer Strømman
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Professor Anders Hammer Strømman works in the field of Industrial Ecology. He conducts research on environmental assessment of Energy and Transport systems on which he has published more than 40 peer-reviewed journal articles. In 2011 Professor Strømman received the Laudise medal in Industrial Ecology in recognition of his work. He is currently contributing as an author to the WGIII of 5th assessment report of the IPCC. On a daily basis he teaches graduate courses in Life Cycle Assessment and Environmental input-output analysis for the students of the Industrial Ecology and Energy & Environment study programs at NTNU.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) Global Warming Potential of Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Biomass Stored in the Anthroposphere and Used for Bioenergy at End of Life. Journal of Industrial Ecology. volum 17 (1).
- (2013) The role of forest residues in the accounting for the global warming potential of bioenergy. Global Change Biology Bioenergy. volum 5 (4).
- (2013) Empirical models of monthly and annual albedo in managed boreal forests of interior Norway. Climatic Change. volum 120 (1-2).
- (2013) Global climate impacts of forest bioenergy: what, when and how to measure?. Environmental Research Letters. volum 8 (1).
- (2013) Biogenic CO2 fluxes from bioenergy and climate-A response. Ecological Modelling. volum 253.
- (2013) Life Cycle Assessment of a Lithium-Ion Battery Vehicle Pack. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- (2013) Consistent quantification of climate impacts due to biogenic carbon storage across a range of bio-product systems. Environmental impact assessment review. volum 43.
- (2013) Climate impact potential of utilizing forest residues for bioenergy in Norway. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change. volum 18 (8).
- (2013) Comparative Environmental Life Cycle Assessment of Conventional and Electric Vehicles. Journal of Industrial Ecology. volum 17 (1).
- (2013) Environmental life cycle assessment of cereal and bread production in Norway. Acta agriculturae Scandinavica. Section A, Animal science.
- (2013) Environmental impacts of combined milk and meat production in Norway according to a life cycle assessment with expanded system boundaries. Livestock Science. volum 155 (2-3).
- (2012) A comment to "Large-scale bioenergy from additional harvest of forest biomass is neither sustainable nor greenhouse gas neutral": Important insights beyond greenhouse gas accounting. Global Change Biology Bioenergy. volum 4 (6).
- (2012) Climate impacts of bioenergy: Inclusion of carbon cycle and albedo dynamics in life cycle impact assessment. Environmental impact assessment review. volum 37.
- (2012) Site-specific global warming potentials of biogenic CO2 for bioenergy: contributions from carbon fluxes and albedo dynamics. Environmental Research Letters. volum 7 (4).
- (2012) Application of probability distributions to the modeling of biogenic CO2 fluxes in life cycle assessment. Global Change Biology Bioenergy. volum 4 (6).
- (2012) Environmental impacts of hybrid and electric vehicles-a review. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. volum 17 (8).
- (2012) The importance of economies of scale for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions from shipping. Energy Policy. volum 46.
- (2012) Impact Assessment of Biodiversity and Carbon Pools from Land Use and Land Use Changes in Life Cycle Assessment, Exemplified with Forestry Operations in Norway. Journal of Industrial Ecology. volum 16 (2).
- (2012) The influence of system boundaries on life cycle assessment of grain production in central southeast Norway. Agricultural Systems. volum 111.
- (2012) Environmental Damage Assessment of Carbon Capture and Storage Application of End-Point Indicators. Journal of Industrial Ecology. volum 16 (3).