Background and activities
Professor Anders Hammer Strømman works in the field of Industrial Ecology. He conducts research on environmental assessment of Energy and Transport systems on which he has published more than 40 peer-reviewed journal articles. In 2011 Professor Strømman received the Laudise medal in Industrial Ecology in recognition of his work. He is currently contributing as an author to the WGIII of 5th assessment report of the IPCC. On a daily basis he teaches graduate courses in Life Cycle Assessment and Environmental input-output analysis for the students of the Industrial Ecology and Energy & Environment study programs at NTNU.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Empirical models of albedo transitions in managed boreal forests: Analysis of performance and transportability. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. vol. 45 (2).
- (2015) Radiative forcing bias of simulated surface albedo modifications linked to forest cover changes at northern latitudes. Biogeosciences. vol. 12.
- (2015) Bioenergy and climate change mitigation: An assessment. Global Change Biology Bioenergy. vol. 7 (5).
- (2015) Opportunities for increased profit and reduced cost and emissions by service differentiation within container liner shipping. Maritime Policy & Management.
- (2015) Economic savings linked to future Arctic shipping are at odds with climate change mitigation. Transport Policy. vol. 45.
- (2015) Maritime Shipping and Emissions: A three-layered, damage based approach. Ocean Engineering.
- (2015) Assessment of cost as a function of abatement options in maritime emission control areas. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 38.
- (2015) When Do Allocations and Constructs Respect Material, Energy, Financial, and Production Balances in LCA and EEIO?. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- (2015) Material use for electricity generation with carbon dioxide capture and storage: Extending life cycle analysis indices for material accounting. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. vol. 100.
- (2015) Pathways for GHG emission reduction in Norwegian road transport sector: Perspective on consumption of passenger car transport and electricity mix. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 41.
- (2014) Climate change implications of shifting forest management strategy in a boreal forest ecosystem of Norway. Global Change Biology. vol. 20 (2).
- (2014) Radiative forcing bias of surface albedo modifications linked to simulated forest cover changes at northern latitudes. Biogeosciences Discussions. vol. 11.
- (2014) Linearity between temperature peak and bioenergy CO2 emission rates. Nature Climate Change. vol. 4 (11).
- (2014) Life Cycle Assessment of a Lithium-Ion Battery Vehicle Pack. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 18 (1).
- (2014) Climate Change Impacts Due to Biogenic Carbon: Addressing the Issue of Attribution Using Two Metrics With Very Different Outcomes. Journal of Sustainable Forestry. vol. 33 (3).
- (2014) Effects of regional variation in climate and SOC decay on global warming potential and eutrophication attributable to cereal production in Norway. Agricultural Systems. vol. 127.
- (2014) Unified Theory of Allocations and Constructs in Life Cycle Assessment and Input-Output Analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 18 (5).
- (2014) Life cycle assessment of electric and fuel cell vehicle transport based on forest biomass. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 18 (2).
- (2014) Environmental Due Diligence of CO2 Capture and Utilization Technologies – Framework and application. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2013) Global Warming Potential of Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Biomass Stored in the Anthroposphere and Used for Bioenergy at End of Life. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 17 (1).