Postal addressDepartment of Circulation and Medical Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
- Zoo physiology and comparative physiology
- Zoo physiology
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Respiratory Physiology
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Ultrasound detection of vascular decompression bubbles: the influence of new technology and considerations on bubble load. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 44 (1).
- (2013) Differentiation at autopsy between in vivo gas embolism and putrefaction using gas composition analysis. International journal of legal medicine (Print). volum 127 (2).
- (2013) Simulated dive in rats lead to acute changes in cerebral blood flow on MRI, but no cerebral injuries to grey or white matter. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 113 (6).
- (2012) Venous gas embolism as a predictive tool for improving CNS decompression safety. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 112 (2).
- (2011) Venous and Arterial Bubbles at Rest after No-Decompression Air Dives. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 43 (6).
- (2011) Observation of increased venous gas emboli after wet dives compared to dry dives. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 41 (3).
- (2010) Immersion before dry simulated dive reduces cardiomyocyte function and increases mortality after decompression. Journal of applied physiology. volum 109 (3).
- (2010) High bubble grades after scuba diving at the limits of recreational diving algorithm. European Heart Journal. volum 31.
- (2010) S100B and its relation to intravascular bubbles following decompression. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 40 (4).
- (2009) The role of intra-vascular bubbles and the vascular endothelium in decompression sickness. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 39 (3).
- (2009) Aortic function in rats after decompression without ultrasonically detectable bubble formation. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. volum 80 (12).
- (2008) The effect of two consecutive dives on bubble formation and endothelial function in rats. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 38 (1).
- (2007) Recompression during decompression and effects on bubble formation in the pig. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. volum 78 (6).
- (2007) Where do bubbles form?. European Journal of Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 8 (3).
- (2007) Recompression with oxygen to 160 kPa eliminates vascular bubbles, but does not prevent endothelial damage. European Journal of Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 8 (1&2).
- (2006) Post-dive bubble formation in rats: Effects of exercise 24 h ahead repeated 30 min before the dive. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. volum 77.
- (2006) Effect of a short-acting NO donor on bubble formation from a saturation dive in pigs. Journal of applied physiology. volum 101 (6).
- (2006) Effect of short-acting NO donor on bubble formation rrom a saturation dive in pigs. Journal of applied physiology. volum 102 (6).
- (2005) The effect of hyperbaric oxygen on aerobic capacity in rat. European Journal of Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine. volum 6 (1).
- (1998) Transport and equilibrium properties of Nafion membranes with H+ and Na+ ions. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. volum 442.