Background and activities
Working with communicating and making visible the facilities and services at the Medicine and Health Library, and to develop the library into a even more attractive arena for students and staff.
- Communication strategy
- Web pages and social media
- Exhibitions and events in the library
- Room for new knowledge - a user-based library development project (2015-)
Between art and science: Renderings of the body in contemporary exhibitions (NFR, KULVER 2010-2014)
My aim in this project is to explore how the material discursive borders of art and science are drawn, negotiated and redrawn, in contemporary exhibitions about the body's microcosm. The body does not only figure as representation in contemporary exhibitions, it also becomes present as a bodily subject exploring the exhibition in space and time. In addition to analysing the scientific and artistic renderings of the body, my aim is therefore also to critically examine the staging of different subject positions implicit in the exhibition designs. Theoretically the project is mainly inspired by science and technology studies (STS) and feminist studies of visual culture.
The project was part of Inside out. New Images and Imaginations of the Body (scroll down for English description) led by Prof. Merete Lie (2010-2014), Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, NTNU.
Visit the research project blog for publications and events archives.
Cultural perspectives on science and medicine; Science and Technology Studies (STS); Politics and culture of displays/exhibitions; Museums; Aesthetics; Contemporary art
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2007) Når estetikk og politikk møtes - resepsjonen av tre skulpturer fra Skulpturlandskap Nordland. M : tidsskrift for kunst- og medieforskning.
- (2006) Tanken og fenomenene. M : tidsskrift for kunst- og medieforskning.
- (2012) Det gode, det sanne, og det skjønne - en film om vitenskapelige bilder. Det gode, det sanne, og det skjønne - en film om vitenskapelige bilder
- (2008) Generator: ni kunstinngrep i Trondheims offentlige rom. 2008. ISBN 978-82-997847-0-2.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Celebrating science, awarding images: The aesthetics and aestheticization of scientific images in the Wellcome Image Awards. Assigning Cultural Values.
- (2008) ”Stedbundne minner – Frøydis Lindéns prosjekt Hvor kommer du fra?”. Generator: ni kunstinngrep i Trondheims offentlige rom.
- (2007) Den postmoderne kroppen - mellom mytologi og teknologi. 2007.