Postal addressDepartment of Sociology and Political Science Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Ann Rudinow Sætnan
- Women's and gender studies
- Science and technology studies
- Surveillance and privacy studies
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Science Wars Redux. EASST review. volum 32 (2).
- (2013) Numbers, Governance, Health: A Norwegian Case of Statistics and Documentation Production. Proceedings of the Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- (2012) Could screening participation bias symptom interpretation? An interview study on women's interpretations of and responses to cancer symptoms between mammography screening rounds. BMJ Open. volum 2 (6).
- (2012) Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer. Social Science and Medicine. volum 75 (10).
- (2011) Experiences of Recall After Mammography Screening-A Qualitative Study. Health Care for Women International. volum 32 (11).
- (2011) Does [...] matter?. EASST review. volum 30 (2).
- (2010) Ask What EASST Can Do for Your Country. EASST review. volum 29 (1).
- (2010) Tokyo or Trento? Yes, please. EASST review. volum 29 (1).
- (2009) “It all happened so slowly” – On controlling function creep in forensic DNA databases. International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice. volum 37 (3).
- (2009) Think Big!. EASST review. volum 28 (4).
- (2008) Challenges of informed choice in organised screening. Journal of Medical Ethics. volum 34 (9).
- (2007) Focus Groups in a Medicine-Dominated Field: Compromises or Quality Improvements?. International Journal of Qualitative Methods. volum 6 (3).
- (2007) Nothing to Hide, Nothing to Fear?: Assessing Technologies for Diagnosis of Security Risks. International Criminal Justice Review. volum 17 (3).
- (2006) But is it: Science? STS? Math? Art? -- Some random and personal impressions from EASST 2006 @ Lausanne. EASST review. volum 25 (3).
- (2002) On Gender and Things. Reflections on an Exhibition on Gendered Artifacts. Women's Studies: International Forum. volum 25 (4).
- (2002) Scientific? democratic? effective? Towards an evaluation of Norway's first medical consensus conference. Science and Public Policy. volum 29 (3).
- (2011) The Mutual Construction of Statistics and Society. Routledge. 2011. ISBN 978-0-415-87370-3.
- (2000) Bodies of Technology -- Women's Involvement with Reproductive Medicine. 2000. ISBN 0-8142-5050-5.
Part of book/report
- (2012) On gender and things: Reflections on an exhibition on gendered artifacts. Elles: Women Artists in the collection of the Musee national d´àrt modern Centre de creation industrielle.
- (2012) Enestående normalt: Ultralydscreening i individualismens tidsalder. Helsesosiologi: Analyser av helse, sykdom og behandling.