Background and activities
2004 Doctor medicinae, Faculty of medicine, NTNU
1994 Specialist in Pathology
1982 Norwegian medical authorization
1979 LRCPSI MB BCh BAO – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and University College Dublin
Fine needle aspiration cytology in the primary investigation of breast tumours and in the determination of treatment strategies. ISBN 82-471-6243-1
Current research activity
Breast cancer subtypes: A study of the relationship between reproductive factors and morphologic and genetic subtypes of breast cancer and the interactions between non-genetic factors and genetic variants in relation to breast cancer risk.
Co-principal investigator with Professor Lars Johan Vatten, ISM, NTNU
HR-MAS/MR spectroscopy in breast cancer
with Professor Tone Frost Bathen, MR Cancer Group, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU
Basal cell carcinoma of the skin – molecular markers
With Eidi Christensen, PhD, Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, (IKM), NTNU, pathologist P Mjønes, St Olav’s Hospital, Professor C Mørk, NTNU
An epidemiological study on gynaecological morbidities among married women in rural Nepal (Kavre District) with special emphasis on cervical cancer and related risk factors
With PhD candidate candidate Sunila Shakya, Department of Laboratory Medicine(LBK),
Anna Bofin teaches pathology at the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU in addition to national and international courses in pathology and cytology.
2007 SINTEF award for teaching proficiency. Awarded to the Pathology group for the introductory course in general pathology for undergraduates at the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU
Other professional activities
2013- National Editor (Pathology), APMIS Journal
2011- Member of the Examination Board – English exam., DMF, NTNU
2006-2007 Equal opportunities ombudsperson, DMF, NTNU
2006-2008 Board member, The Norwegian Pathology Society
2005-2006 Committee member, Evaluation indicators, DMF, NTNU
2005-2009 Vice-chair, Regional medical ethics committee, Midt-Norge (REK)
2004-2010 Member, pathology subgroup, Norwegian Breast Cancer Group (NBCG)
2002-2003 Member, DNLFs advisory committee for ethics in gene- and biotechnology
1992-1994 Member Quality assurance committee, Norwegian Society for Clinical Cytology
1991-2000 Member/vice chair/chair Norwegian Society for Clinical Cytology
1999 Member, the Norwegian Pathology Society’Strategy Committee for Research in Pathology (leader Inger Nina Farstad)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Alterations in collagen fibre patterns in breast cancer. A premise for tumour invasiveness?. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS).
- (2014) TOP2A gene copy number change in breast cancer. Journal of Clinical Pathology. volum 67 (5).
- (2014) Risk reducing mastectomy, breast reconstruction and patient satisfaction in Norwegian BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. Breast. volum 23 (1).
- (2014) Anthropometric factors and risk of molecular breast cancer subtypes among postmenopausal Norwegian women. International Journal of Cancer. volum 135 (11).
- (2014) Reproductive history and the risk of molecular breast cancer subtypes in a prospective study of Norwegian women. Cancer Causes and Control. volum 25 (7).
- (2013) Molecular subtypes, histopathological grade and survival in a historic cohort of breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. volum 140 (3).
- (2013) Metabolic biomarkers for response to PI3K inhibition in basal-like breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research. volum 15 (1:R16).
- (2013) Low-molecular contrast agent DCE-MRI and DW-MRI in early assessment of bevacizumab treatment in breast cancer xenografts. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. volum 38 (5).
- (2012) Prognostic value of metabolic response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. BMC Cancer. volum 12.
- (2012) Predicting long-term survival and treatment response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy by MR metabolic profiling. NMR in Biomedicine. volum 25 (2).
- (2012) In vivo MRI and histopathological assessment of tumor microenvironment in luminal-like and basal-like breast cancer xenografts. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. volum 35 (5).
- (2012) Immunohistochemical analysis of hepatocyte growth factor and c-Met in plasma cell disease. Histopathology. volum 60 (3).
- (2011) In vivo MRS of locally advanced breast cancer: characteristics related to negative or positive choline detection and early monitoring of treatment response. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine. volum 24 (6).
- (2011) Risk of recurrence following delayed large flap reconstruction after mastectomy for breast cancer. British Journal of Surgery. volum 98 (5).
- (2011) Er hormonundersøkelse av cytologisk materiale i brystkreftsvulster til å stole på?. Bioingeniøren. volum 46 (3).
- (2010) CYTOLOGIC EXAMINATION AND FISH IN THE DETECTION OF ATYPICAL UROTHELIAL CELLS IN SPONTANEOUS URINE SPECIMENS AND BLADDER WASHINGS IN PATIENTS WITH A HISTORY OF CARCINOMA OF THE URINARY BLADDER. Acta Cytologica. volum 54 (3).
- (2010) Cytodiagnostic diagnosis and classification of actinic keratosis: is it possible to reliably assess the degree of cellular atypia in imprint cytology and skin scrape smears?. Acta Cytologica. volum 54 (3).
- (2010) Monitoring the Effect of Docetaxel Treatment in MCF7 Xenografts Using Multimodal In Vivo and Ex Vivo Magnetic Resonance Methods, Histopathology and Gene Expression. Translational Oncology. volum 3 (4).
- (2010) Assessment of early docetaxel response in an experimental model of human breast cancer using DCE-MRI, ex vivo HR MAS, and in vivo 1H MRS. NMR in Biomedicine. volum 23 (1).
- (2008) Cytological diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma and actinic keratosis, using Papanicolaou and May-Grunwald-Giemsa stained cutaneous tissue smear. Cytopathology. volum 19.