Background and activities
Dr. Annik Magerholm Fet is the director and academic head of NTNU's strategic research area Sustainability (2014-2023). She is a professor of environmental management, systems engineering and life-cycle analysis at the Department of industrial economics and technology management (IØT), NTNU in Trondheim.
She is head of several national and international research projects in global production, and environmental and corporate social responsibility (CSR). She has been involved in developing the Norwegian system for environmental product declarations, carbon footprint and water footprint of products, and has worked with environmental assessment in relation to environmental responsibility in the maritime cluster.
She sits on the board of Polaris Media Northwest and for user-driven innovation program (BIA) in the Research Council of Norway (RCN). She is also deputy board member for Standards Norway, and Norwegian delegate in international committees for the development of environmental management standards. She heads a research group for environmental management and CSR at NTNU, and looks at opportunities for sustainability management and system innovation to bring about changes in various sectors
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Remanufacturing as a Sustainable Strategy in Shipbuilding Industry. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 460 (1).
- (2015) Review of methods for sustainability appraisals in ship acquisition. Environment Systems and Decisions. vol. 35 (3).
- (2014) Environmental and socioeconomic impacts of utilizing waste for biochar in rural areas in Indonesia – a systems perspective. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 48 (9).
- (2013) Systems engineering as a holistic approach to life cycle designs. Ocean Engineering. vol. 62.
- (2013) What is required for greener supplier selection? A literature review and conceptual model development. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Accountability in the Value Chain: From Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) to CSR Product Declaration. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Grey RBF Neural Network Forecasting on LV Under the View of Government Responsibility. Advanced Materials Research. vol. 452-453.
- (2011) Green public procurement in practice - the case of Norway. Society and Economy. vol. 33.
- (2011) Use of life cycle assessments to evaluate the environmental footprint of contaminated sediment remediation. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 45 (10).
- (2010) A framework for environmental analyses of fish food production systems based on systems engineering principles. Systems Engineering. vol. 13 (2).
- (2010) Using eco-efficiency in sustainable supply chain management; a case study of furniture production. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. vol. 12.
- (2010) Using Systems Engineering to Create a Framework for Evaluating Industrial Symbiosis Options. Systems Engineering. vol. 13 (2).
- (2009) Product category rules and environmental product declarations as tools to promote sustainable products: experiences from a case study of furniture production. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. vol. 11 (2).
- (2009) Using Systems Engineering to Create a Framework for Evaluating Industrial Symbiosis Options. Systems Engineering. vol. 12.
- (2009) Indicators and Reporting As a Driving Tool for Environmental Activities in the Region. Environmental Research, Engineering and Management. vol. 47 (1).
- (2008) LCA Studies of Food Products as Background for Environmental Product Declarations. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 13 (3).
- (2006) Environmental Management and corporate social responsibility. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. vol. 8 (4).
- (2006) Eco-labeling, Product Category Rules and Certification Procedures Based on ISO 14025 Requirements. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 11 (1).
- (2006) Eco-efficiency in extended supply chains: A case study of furniture production. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 79.
- (2003) Eco-efficiency reporting exemplified by case studies. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. vol. 5.