Background and activities
My research is mainly related to electrochemical processes, basically for energy storage (Li-ion batteries, fuel cells, supercaps), but also electrolysis.
Current research activities are much focused on carbon as electrode material, including both electrochemical energy conversion tehcnologies like batteries and fuel cells, as well as electrodes (anodes) used in Hall-Heroult cells for production of aluminium. Studies of porous electrodes have been a major topic for many years, with a special attention on transient electrochemical techniques, in particular impedance spectroscopy. Several studies include also development of matehmatical models for description of comlex electrodes reactions, including also transient and impedance models. Future ambitions include establishment of in-situ spectroscopic-electrochemical techniques.
In addition to research within electrochemical energy conversion, I am also engaged in introduction in renewable energy as such, for example by active participation in the "Center for Renewable Energy", www.sffe.no.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) SPATIAL METHODS FOR CHARACTERISING CARBON ANODES FOR ALUMINIUM PRODUCTION. Light Metals.
- (2015) Bubble evolution and anode surface properties in aluminium electrolysis. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 162 (8).
- (2015) Fe and V substituted Li2MnSiO4/C As Potential Cathode Material for Li-Ion Batteries. ECS Transactions. vol. 64 (22).
- (2015) Effect of carbon content and annealing atmosphere on phase purity and morphology of Li2MnSiO4 synthesized by a PVA assisted sol–gel method. Solid State Ionics. vol. 276.
- (2014) Contact Resistance of Screen Printed Ag-Contacts to Si Emitters: Mathematical Modeling and Microstructural Characterization. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 161.
- (2014) Understanding Anode Overpotential. Light Metals.
- (2013) High capacity Li[Ni0.8Co0.1Mn0.1]O-2 synthesized by sol-gel and co-precipitation methods as cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries. Solid State Ionics. vol. 249-250.
- (2012) Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy of a porous graphite electrode used for Li-ion batteries with EC/PC based electrolytes. ECS Transactions. vol. 41 (21).
- (2011) Preparation of Silicon Nanostructures for Lithium Ion Battery Anodes. ECS Transactions. vol. 35 (34).
- (2010) Market penetration analysis of hydrogen vehicles in Norwegian passenger transport towards 2050. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 35 (14).