Background and activities
Arne Bredesen (69) is professor of Refrigeration Engineering at Department of Energy and Process Engineering at NTNU and former leader of NTNUs thematic, multi-disciplinary energy research team from 2000 to 2013. His areas of expertice are: • Refrigeration, heat pumps and energy systems • Applied thermodynamics • Compressor technology • Energy and Environment • Natural gas technology • Fishery technology In addition to the science Bredesen is concerned with developing and leading strategic multi-disciplinary team-work organizations, combining research and education (NTNU-SINTEF). • He has been member of the Energy Committee in NTNF, as well as Head of the Board of the national research programs on natural gas (SPUNG) and fishery technology (FITEK); Assistant leader of NFR Board of Industry and Energy, as well as board member of SINTEF, IFE, SINTEF Energy and SINTEF Fishery and Aquaculture. Bredesen has been working actively to develop international cooperation within research and education; with USA (MIT), China (Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Tsinghua University), Japan (KIFEE) and EU (ECCSEL and SEEIT). Bredesen was educated from NTH, as mechanical engineer in 1969 and PhD in 1974.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2011) ECCSEL - European Carbon dioxide Capture and Storage Laboratory Infrastructure. Energy Procedia. vol. 4.
- (2011) Simulation and experiment of a hydrogen liquefaction test rig using a multi-component refrigerant refrigeration system. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 36 (1).
- (2001) Place du CO2 dans les applications frigorifiques et de conditionnement d'air. La Revue Générale du Froid.
- (2000) Refrigeration, Air-conditioning and Heat-Pump Systems for the 21st Century Pompes à chaleur, applicatins frigorifiques et de conditionnement d`air pour le 21e siècle. Bulletin of the International Institute of Refrigeration : Bulletin de l'Institut international du froid. vol. LXXX (2).
- (1998) Kuldebransjen i forandring. Kulde.
Part of book/report
- (2016) CO2 as working fluid - technological development on the road to sustainable refrigeration. 12th IIR Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Refrigerants GL2016 : Proceedings.
- (1999) Energikvalitet. Et energieffektivt Norge.
- (2004) Foresight CO2 Management. 2004.
- (2000) SINTEF-rapport TR A5171. Kap. 1: Rammebetingelser for et energieffektivt Norge 1.6 Energikvalitet: Energi i Norge - Ressurser, teknologi og miljø. 2000.
- (2000) Short Course on CO2 Refrigeration Technology (SC7). 2000.
- (1999) Energikvalitet og virkningsgrader. 1999.
- (1999) Measurements on semi-hermetic pre-series CO2 compressors. 1999. ISBN 82-594-1675-1.
- (1994) Kompendium i fag 65165 Næringsmiddelteknologi. 1994.