Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Reproductive success is strongly related to local and regional climate in the Arctic snow bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis). Polar Biology.
- (2014) Extra-pair paternity in relation to regional and local climate in an Arctic-breeding passerine. Polar Biology. volum 37 (1).
- (2014) Reject the odd egg: egg recognition mechanisms in parrotbills. Behavioral Ecology. volum 25 (6).
- (2014) Deficiency in egg rejection in a host species as a response to the absence of brood parasitism. Behavioral Ecology.
- (2013) Can starling eggs be useful as a biomonitoring tool to study organohalogenated contaminants on a worldwide scale?. Environment International. volum 51.
- (2013) Reviewing 30 years of studies on the Common Cuckoo - accumulated knowledge and future perspectives. Chinese Birds. volum 4 (1).
- (2013) Egg arrangement in avian clutches covaries with the rejection of foreign eggs. Animal Cognition. volum 16 (5).
- (2013) Increase of clutch size triggers clutch destruction behaviour in common moorhens (Gallinula chloropus) during the incubation period. Behaviour. volum 150 (2).
- (2013) Host selection in parasitic birds: are open-cup nesting insectivorous passerines always suitable cuckoo hosts?. Journal of Avian Biology. volum 44 (3).
- (2013) UV reflectance as a cue in egg discrimination in two Prinia species exploited differently by brood parasites in Taiwan. Ibis. volum 155 (3).
- (2012) Why do brood parasitic birds lay strong-shelled eggs?. Chinese Birds. volum 3 (4).
- (2012) Are cuckoos maximizing egg mimicry by selecting host individuals with better matching egg phenotypes?. PLoS ONE. volum 7 (2).
- (2012) Egg phenotype matching by cuckoos in relation to discrimination by hosts and climatic conditions. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. volum 279 (1735).
- (2012) Responses of potential hosts of Asian cuckoos to experimental parasitism. Ibis. volum 154 (2).
- (2012) Sex Allocation in Relation to Host Races in the Brood-Parasitic Common Cuckoo (Cuculus canorus). PLoS ONE. volum 7 (5).
- (2012) Sex roles in egg recognition and egg polymorphism in avian brood parasitism. Behavioral Ecology. volum 23 (2).
- (2012) Modelling the maintenance of egg polymorphism in avian brood parasites and their hosts. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. volum 25 (5).
- (2012) Large hawk-cuckoo Hierococcyx sparveroides parasitism on the Chinese babax Babax lanceolatus may be an evolutionary recent host-parasite system. Ibis. volum 154 (1).
- (2012) Diversity of parasitic cuckoos and their hosts in China. Chinese Birds. volum 3.
- (2011) Egg discrimination in an open nesting passerine under dim light conditions. Ethology. volum 117 (12).