Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Clinical medical sciences
I have been engaged part-time at HUNT Research Centre since 1994, but had in 1989-90 a shorter engagement performing a study on eduction of children with asthma and their parents. I have been prosject leader of the Lung Study in HUNT 2 and 3, have also been in charge of education and follow-up over the technicians, data collection and quality assurance for the Osteoporosis Study. I have been a member of HUNT 3 management group, was leader of the HUNT3 Questionnaire group, and have since 2007 been Quality Leader of HUNT Databank.
Otherwise I work as a general practitioner at Høvdinggården Legekontor, Steinkjer (www.hovdinggarden.no).
Research areas: Epidemiology of obstructive lung diseases, lung function, use of medcation and influence on bone mineral density, osteoporosis, quality in primary health care
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) General and abdominal obesity and incident asthma in adults: the HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. volum 41 (2).
- (2013) The associations of anxiety and depression symptoms with weight change and incident obesity: The HUNT Study. International Journal of Obesity. volum 37 (9).
- (2013) Association between a 15q25 gene variant, nicotine-related habits, lung cancer and COPD among 56,307 individuals from the HUNT study in Norway. European Journal of Human Genetics. volum 21 (11).
- (2013) Social and spatial patterns of obesity diffusion over three decades in a Norwegian county population: the HUNT Study. BMC Public Health. volum 13 (1).
- (2013) Usefulness of the COPD assessment test (CAT) in primary care. Primary Care Respiratory Journal. volum 22 (1).
- (2013) GOLD classifications and mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the HUNT Study, Norway. Thorax. volum 68 (10).
- (2013) Lung Function and Respiratory Symptoms in Association with Mortality: The HUNT Study. COPD.
- (2013) Cod liver oil intake and incidence of asthma in Norwegian adults-the HUNT study. Thorax. volum 68 (1).
- (2013) Does thyroid function influence fracture risk? Prospective data from the HUNT2 study, Norway. European Journal of Endocrinology. volum 169.
- (2012) Anxiety, depression and incident obesity: The HUNT Study. Obesity Facts.
- (2012) The combined association of anxiety or depression symptoms and obesity with incident asthma: The HUNT study. The European respiratory journal. Supplement.
- (2012) Excess mortality after hip fracture among elderly women in Norway : The HUNT study. Osteoporosis International. volum 23 (6).
- (2012) Cohort profile : the HUNT study, Norway. International Journal of Epidemiology.
- (2012) The HUNT study: participation is associated with survival and depends on socioeconomic status, diseases and symptoms. BMC Medical Research Methodology. volum 12 (143).
- (2012) Lung function and anxiety in association with dyspnoea: The HUNT study. Respiratory Medicine. volum 106 (8).
- (2012) Lung Function and Respiratory Symptoms in Association with Mortality: The HUNT Study. The European respiratory journal. Supplement. volum 40.
- (2012) Cod liver oil intake and risk of asthma in Norwegian adults. Allergy. European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. volum 67.
- (2012) Cross-Sectional and Prospective Cohort Study of Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Level and Obesity in Adults. American Journal of Epidemiology. volum 175 (10).
- (2012) Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D levels and incident asthma in adults; the HUNT study. American Journal of Epidemiology. volum 176 (12).
- (2011) A prospective study of central obesity, overall obesity and incident asthma in adults. The European respiratory journal. Supplement.