Background and activities
I have been engaged part-time at HUNT Research Centre since 1994, but had in 1989-90 a shorter engagement performing a study on eduction of children with asthma and their parents. I have been prosject leader of the Lung Study in HUNT 2 and 3, have also been in charge of education and follow-up over the technicians, data collection and quality assurance for the Osteoporosis Study. I have been a member of HUNT 3 management group, was leader of the HUNT3 Questionnaire group, and have since 2007 been Quality Leader of HUNT Databank.
Otherwise I work as a general practitioner at Høvdinggården Legekontor, Steinkjer (www.hovdinggarden.no).
Research areas: Epidemiology of obstructive lung diseases, lung function, use of medcation and influence on bone mineral density, osteoporosis, quality in primary health care
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Self-reported cardiovascular disease and the risk of lung cancer, the HUNT study. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. volum 9 (7).
- (2014) Systematic evaluation of coding variation identifies a candidate causal variant in TM6SF2 influencing total cholesterol and myocardial infarction risk. Nature Genetics. volum 46 (4).
- (2014) Cohort profile of the Young-HUNT Study, Norway: A population-based study of adoelscents. International Journal of Epidemiology. volum 43 (2).
- (2014) Is there an association between disease ignorance and self-rated health? The HUNT Study, a cross-sectional survey. BMJ Open. volum 4 (5).
- (2014) Factors associated with vitamin D deficiency in a Norwegian population: the HUNT Study. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 68 (2).
- (2014) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and lung function in adults with asthma: the HUNT Study. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2014) Lung function and respiratory symptoms in association with mortality: The HUNT study. COPD. volum 11 (1).
- (2014) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and self-reported allergic rhinitis in Norwegian adults - The HUNT Study. Allergy. European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. volum 69 (4).
- (2014) COPD and microalbinuria: a 12-year follow-up study. European Respiratory Journal. volum 43.
- (2013) General and abdominal obesity and incident asthma in adults: the HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. volum 41 (2).
- (2013) Metabolic syndrome and incidence of asthma in adults: the HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. volum 42 (6).
- (2013) The associations of anxiety and depression symptoms with weight change and incident obesity: The HUNT Study. International Journal of Obesity. volum 37 (9).
- (2013) The joint association of anxiety, depression and obesity with incident asthma in adults: the HUNT Study. International Journal of Epidemiology. volum 42 (5).
- (2013) Association between a 15q25 gene variant, nicotine-related habits, lung cancer and COPD among 56 307 individuals from the HUNT study in Norway. European Journal of Human Genetics. volum 21 (11).
- (2013) Bone mass density, fracture history, self-reported osteoporosis as proxy variables for estrogen and the risk of non-small-cell lung cancer : a population based cohort study, the HUNT study: are proxy variables friends or faults?. Lung Cancer. volum 81 (1).
- (2013) Social and spatial patterns of obesity diffusion over three decades in a Norwegian county population: the HUNT Study. BMC Public Health. volum 13 (1).
- (2013) GOLD classifications and mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the HUNT Study, Norway. Thorax. volum 68 (10).
- (2013) Cod liver oil intake and incidence of asthma in Norwegian adults-the HUNT study. Thorax. volum 68 (1).
- (2013) Trends in overweight and obesity over 22 years in a large adult population. The HUNT Study, Norway. Clinical Obesity. volum 3 (1-2).
- (2013) Does thyroid function influence fracture risk? Prospective data from the HUNT2 study, Norway. European Journal of Endocrinology. volum 169 (6).