Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. Head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy plus cognition across the lifespan and in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Effects of neural stem cell and olfactory ensheathing cell co-transplants on tissue remodelling after transient focal cerebral ischemia in the adult rat. Neurochemical Research. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) Novel genetic loci associated with hippocampal volume. Nature Communications. vol. 8:13624.
- (2017) A longitudinal study of associations between psychiatric symptoms and disorders and cerebral gray matter volumes in adolescents born very preterm. BMC Pediatrics. vol. 17:45.
- (2017) The influence of traumatic axonal injury on level of consciousness: a clinical MRI study. Brain Injury.
- (2017) Exercise Intensity-Dependent Effects on Cognitive Control Function during and after Acute Treadmill Running in Young Healthy Adults. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2016) The relevance of the irrelevant: Attention and task-set adaptation in prematurely born adults. Clinical Neurophysiology. vol. 127 (10).
- (2016) Variation in structure and process of care in traumatic brain injury: Provider profiles of European Neurotrauma Centers participating in the CENTER-TBI study. PLoS ONE. vol. 11:e0161367 (8).
- (2016) Mild traumatic brain injury and very early clinical magnetic resonance imaging findings: A prospective cohort study. Brain Injury. vol. 30 (5/6).
- (2016) Initial assessment of reliability of a self-administered web-based neuropsychological test battery. Computers in Human Behavior. vol. 63.
- (2016) Intracranial abnormalities and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT MRI). Cephalalgia. vol. 36 (2).
- (2016) Perivascular spaces and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT-MRI). Cephalalgia. vol. 36 (3).
- (2016) Incidental Intracranial Findings and Their Clinical Impact; The HUNT MRI Study in a General Population of 1006 Participants between 50-66 Years. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (3).
- (2016) Early neuropsychological findings in mild traumatic brain injury: A prospective cohort study. Brain Injury. vol. 30 (5-6).
- (2016) Diffusion kurtosis imaging and postconcussional syndrome in patients with mild traumatic brain injury. Brain Injury. vol. 30 (5-6).
- (2016) Effect of task-correlated physiological fluctuations and motion in 2D and 3D echo-planar imaging in a higher cognitive level fMRI paradigm. Frontiers in Neuroscience. vol. 10:225.
- (2016) Mental health and cerebellar volume during adolescence in very-low-birth-weight infants: A longitudinal study. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. vol. 10 (1).
- (2016) Traumatic axonal injury: Relationships between lesions in the early phase and diffusion tensor imaging parameters in the chronic phase of traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neuroscience Research. vol. 94.
- (2016) Outcome uncertainty and brain activity aberrance in the insula and anterior cingulate cortex are associated with dysfunctional impulsivity in borderline personality disorder. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 10 (207).
- (2016) Loss or mislocalization of aquaporin-4 affects diffusion properties and intermediary metabolism in gray matter of mice. Neurochemical Research. vol. 42 (1).
- (2016) Changes in spatial cognition and brain activity after a single dose of testosterone in healthy women. Behavioural Brain Research. vol. 298.