Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. Head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy plus cognition across the lifespan and in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) The relevance of the irrelevant: Attention and task-set adaptation in prematurely born adults. Clinical Neurophysiology. vol. 127 (10).
- (2016) Mild traumatic brain injury and very early clinical magnetic resonance imaging findings: A prospective cohort study. Brain Injury. vol. 30 (5/6).
- (2016) Initial assessment of reliability of a self-administered web-based neuropsychological test battery. Computers in Human Behavior. vol. 63.
- (2016) Intracranial abnormalities and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT MRI). Cephalalgia. vol. 36 (2).
- (2016) Perivascular spaces and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT-MRI). Cephalalgia. vol. 36 (3).
- (2016) Incidental Intracranial Findings and Their Clinical Impact; The HUNT MRI Study in a General Population of 1006 Participants between 50-66 Years. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (3).
- (2016) Effect of task-correlated physiological fluctuations and motion in 2D and 3D echo-planar imaging in a higher cognitive level fMRI paradigm. Frontiers in Neuroscience. vol. 10:225.
- (2016) Mental health and cerebellar volume during adolescence in very-low-birth-weight infants: A longitudinal study. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. vol. 10 (1).
- (2016) Traumatic axonal injury: Relationships between lesions in the early phase and diffusion tensor imaging parameters in the chronic phase of traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neuroscience Research. vol. 94 (7).
- (2016) Outcome uncertainty and brain activity aberrance in the insula and anterior cingulate cortex are associated with dysfunctional impulsivity in borderline personality disorder. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 10 (207).
- (2016) Changes in spatial cognition and brain activity after a single dose of testosterone in healthy women. Behavioural Brain Research. vol. 298.
- (2016) Conservation of Distinct Genetically-Mediated Human Cortical Pattern. PLoS Genetics. vol. 12:e1006143 (7).
- (2016) Limited microstructural and connectivity deficits despite subcortical volume reductions in school-aged children born preterm with very low birth weight. NeuroImage. vol. 130.
- (2016) Neurodevelopmental origins of lifespan changes in brain and cognition. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
- (2016) Selective increase in posterior corpus callosum thickness between the age of 4 and 11 years. NeuroImage. vol. 139.
- (2016) Executive function relates to surface area of frontal and temporal cortex in very-low-birth-weight late teenagers. Early Human Development. vol. 95.
- (2015) PET/MR brain imaging: evaluation of clinical UTE-based attenuation correction. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. vol. 42 (9).
- (2015) Reduced cognitive function in people with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia. Diabetologia. vol. 58.
- (2015) Neuropsychological parameters indexing executive processes are associated with independent components of ERPs. Neuropsychologia. vol. 66.
- (2015) Large-scale genomics unveil polygenic architecture of human cortical surface area. Nature Communications. vol. 6:7549.