Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. From fall of 2015, head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions plus normal lifespan changes.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) PET/MR brain imaging: evaluation of clinical UTE-based attenuation correction. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- (2015) Neuropsychological parameters indexing executive processes are associated with independent components of ERPs. Neuropsychologia. vol. 66.
- (2015) Large-scale genomics unveil polygenic architecture of human cortical surface area. Nature Communications.
- (2015) Reward responsiveness in patients With chronic pain. European Journal of Pain.
- (2015) From details to large scale: The representation of environmental positions follows a granularity gradient along the human hippocampal and entorhinal anterior-posterior axis. Hippocampus. vol. 25 (1).
- (2015) White matter microstructure in chronic moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury: Impact of acute-phase injury-related variables and associations with outcome measures. Journal of Neuroscience Research. vol. 93 (7).
- (2015) Neuroanatomical correlates of late-life depression and associated cognitive changes. Neurobiology of Aging.
- (2015) Evidence for an antagonistic interaction between reward and punishment sensitivity on striatal activity: A verification of the Joint Subsystems Hypothesis. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 74.
- (2015) Marked effects of intracranial volume correction methods on sex differences in neuroanatomical structures: A HUNT MRI study. Frontiers in Neuroscience. vol. 9.
- (2015) Visual-motor deficits relate to altered gray and white matter in young adults born preterm with very low birth weight. NeuroImage. vol. 109.
- (2015) Growth dynamics of untreated glioblastomas in vivo. Neuro-Oncology.
- (2015) Cortical morphometry and IQ in VLBW children without cerebral palsy born in 2003-2007. NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 8.
- (2014) The pentose phosphate pathway and pyruvate carboxylation after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. vol. 34.
- (2014) Prospective longitudinal MRI study of brain volumes and diffusion changes during the first year after moderate to severe traumatic brain injury. NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 5.
- (2014) Patients With chronic pain lack somatic markers during decision-making. Journal of Pain Research. vol. 7.
- (2014) Follow-up at age 10 years in ELBW children - Functional outcome, brain morphology and results from motor assessments in infancy. Early Human Development. vol. 90 (10).
- (2014) Incidental findings in MRI of the paranasal sinuses in adults: a population-based study (HUNT MRI). BMC Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders. vol. 14.
- (2014) A Longitudinal Cohort Study of Patients with Mild and Moderate TBI: A Pilot Study. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 31.
- (2014) The brain structural and cognitive basis of odor identification deficits in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease. BMC Neurology. vol. 14 (1).
- (2014) Development of hippocampal subfield volumes from 4 to 22 years. Human Brain Mapping. vol. 35 (11).