Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. From fall of 2015, head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions plus normal lifespan changes.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Changes in spatial cognition and brain activity after a single dose of testosterone in healthy women. Behavioural Brain Research. vol. 298.
- (2015) PET/MR brain imaging: evaluation of clinical UTE-based attenuation correction. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. vol. 42 (9).
- (2015) Reduced cognitive function in people with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia. Diabetologia. vol. 58.
- (2015) Neuropsychological parameters indexing executive processes are associated with independent components of ERPs. Neuropsychologia. vol. 66.
- (2015) Large-scale genomics unveil polygenic architecture of human cortical surface area. Nature Communications. vol. 6:7549.
- (2015) A particular effect of sleep, but not pain or depression, on the blood-oxygen-level dependent response during working memory tasks in patients with chronic pain. Journal of Pain Research. vol. 8.
- (2015) Reward responsiveness in patients with chronic pain. European Journal of Pain. vol. 19 (10).
- (2015) From details to large scale: The representation of environmental positions follows a granularity gradient along the human hippocampal and entorhinal anterior-posterior axis. Hippocampus. vol. 25 (1).
- (2015) How Does the Accuracy of Intracranial Volume Measurements Affect Normalized Brain Volumes? Sample Size Estimates Based on 966 Subjects from the HUNT MRI Cohort. American Journal of Neuroradiology. vol. 36 (8).
- (2015) Initial validation of a web-based self-administered neuropsychological test battery for older adults and seniors. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology. vol. 37 (6).
- (2015) White matter microstructure in chronic moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury: Impact of acute-phase injury-related variables and associations with outcome measures. Journal of Neuroscience Research. vol. 93 (7).
- (2015) Neuroanatomical correlates of late-life depression and associated cognitive changes. Neurobiology of Aging.
- (2015) Evidence for an antagonistic interaction between reward and punishment sensitivity on striatal activity: A verification of the Joint Subsystems Hypothesis. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 74.
- (2015) Altered Cognitive Control Activations after Moderate-to-Severe Traumatic Brain Injury and Their Relationship to Injury Severity and Everyday-Life function. Cerebral Cortex. vol. 25 (8).
- (2015) Marked effects of intracranial volume correction methods on sex differences in neuroanatomical structures: A HUNT MRI study. Frontiers in Neuroscience. vol. 9.
- (2015) Perimenopausal hormone therapy is associated with regional sparing of the CA1 subfield: A HUNT MRI study. Neurobiology of Aging. vol. 36 (9).
- (2015) Visual-motor deficits relate to altered gray and white matter in young adults born preterm with very low birth weight. NeuroImage. vol. 109.
- (2015) Growth dynamics of untreated glioblastomas in vivo. Neuro-Oncology. vol. 17 (10).
- (2015) Cortical morphometry and IQ in VLBW children without cerebral palsy born in 2003-2007. NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 8.
- (2014) The pentose phosphate pathway and pyruvate carboxylation after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. vol. 34.