Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. Head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy plus cognition across the lifespan and in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Incidental Intracranial Findings and Their Clinical Impact; The HUNT MRI Study in a General Population of 1006 Participants between 50-66 Years. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (3).
- (2016) Mental health and cerebellar volume during adolescence in very-low-birth-weight infants: A longitudinal study. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. vol. 10 (1).
- (2016) Conservation of a Distinct Genetically-Mediated Human Cortical Pattern. PLoS Genetics.
- (2016) Changes in spatial cognition and brain activity after a single dose of testosterone in healthy women. Behavioural Brain Research. vol. 298.
- (2016) Selective increase in posterior corpus callosum thickness between the age of 4 and 11 years. NeuroImage. vol. 139.
- (2016) Executive function relates to surface area of frontal and temporal cortex in very-low-birth-weight late teenagers. Early Human Development. vol. 95.
- (2015) PET/MR brain imaging: evaluation of clinical UTE-based attenuation correction. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. vol. 42 (9).
- (2015) Reduced cognitive function in people with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia. Diabetologia. vol. 58.
- (2015) Neuropsychological parameters indexing executive processes are associated with independent components of ERPs. Neuropsychologia. vol. 66.
- (2015) Large-scale genomics unveil polygenic architecture of human cortical surface area. Nature Communications. vol. 6:7549.
- (2015) A particular effect of sleep, but not pain or depression, on the blood-oxygen-level dependent response during working memory tasks in patients with chronic pain. Journal of Pain Research. vol. 8.
- (2015) Reward responsiveness in patients with chronic pain. European Journal of Pain. vol. 19 (10).
- (2015) From details to large scale: The representation of environmental positions follows a granularity gradient along the human hippocampal and entorhinal anterior-posterior axis. Hippocampus. vol. 25 (1).
- (2015) Life after adolescent and adult moderate and severe traumatic brain injury: self-reported executive, emotional, and behavioural function 2-5 years after injury. Behavioural Neurology. vol. 2015:329241.
- (2015) Development and aging of cortical thickness correspond to genetic organization patterns. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 112 (50).
- (2015) How Does the Accuracy of Intracranial Volume Measurements Affect Normalized Brain Volumes? Sample Size Estimates Based on 966 Subjects from the HUNT MRI Cohort. American Journal of Neuroradiology. vol. 36 (8).
- (2015) Initial validation of a web-based self-administered neuropsychological test battery for older adults and seniors. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology. vol. 37 (6).
- (2015) Intracranial abnormalities and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT MRI). Cephalalgia.
- (2015) Perivascular Spaces and Headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT-MRI). Cephalalgia.
- (2015) White matter microstructure in chronic moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury: Impact of acute-phase injury-related variables and associations with outcome measures. Journal of Neuroscience Research. vol. 93 (7).