Background and activities
I'm an Associate Professor at the Department of Language and Literature. I hold a master and a PhD in English from the University of Copenhagen. In addition, I have studied at Monash University, Melbourne and been a visiting doctoral fellow at Wolfson College, University of Oxford.
I teach bachelor students in the course ENG1404. In addition, I am happy to supervise masters theses within the areas of society and culture of the English-speaking world, postcolonial studies, imperial history, and modern literature, in particular life writing and postcolonial literature.
- Memory culture
- British, Australian, Caribbean, Zimbabwean and American history and society
- Ph.d. fellow: Autobiography After Empire: Individual and Collective Memory in Dialogue (2013-2016)
- Member of research project: The Embers of Empire (2013-2018)
- Editor of special issue of Life Writing (2015)
- Guest editor of Kvinden&Samfundet (Woman and Society) (2009)