Background and activities
Beatrix Vereijken is Professor in Medicine/Human Movement Science.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Bilateral asymmetry in upper extremities is More pronounced in distal compared to proximal joints. Journal of motor behavior. vol. 48 (2).
- (2016) Developing the FARSEEING Taxonomy of Technologies: Classification and description of technology use (including ICT) in falls prevention studies. Journal of Biomedical Informatics. vol. 61.
- (2016) Does increased gait speed decrease gait asymmetry and variability in children with cerebral palsy?. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2016) Usability and acceptability of balance exergames in older adults: A scoping review. Health Informatics Journal. vol. 22 (4).
- (2016) Exercise and rehabilitation delivered through exergames in older adults: An integrative review of technologies, safety and efficacy. International Journal of Medical Informatics. vol. 85 (1).
- (2016) Exergaming in older adults: Movement characteristics while playing stepping games. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7:964.
- (2016) The long-term effect og comprehensive geriatic care on gait after hip fracture: the Trondheim Hip Fracture Trial --a randomised controlled trial. Osteoporosis International.
- (2015) An exergame concept for improving balance in elderly people. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 515.
- (2015) Designing for movement quality in exergames: Lessons learned from observing senior citizens playing stepping games. Gerontology. vol. 61 (2).
- (2015) The long-term effect of comprehensive geriatric care on gait after hip fracture: the Trondheim Hip Fracture Trial—a randomised controlled trial. Osteoporosis International.
- (2014) Coping with asymmetry: How infants and adults walk with one elongated leg. Infant Behavior and Development. vol. 37 (3).
- (2014) Detection of co-regulation of local structure and magnitude of stride time variability using a new local detrended fluctuation analysis. Gait & Posture. vol. 39 (1).
- (2014) Multiple days of monitoring are needed to obtain a reliable estimate of physical activity in hip-fracture patients. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. vol. 22 (2).
- (2013) Comparison of bilateral force deficit in proximal and distal joints in upper extremities. Human Movement Science. vol. 32 (3).
- (2013) Involuntary and voluntary muscle activation in children with unilateral cerebral palsy – Relationship to upper limb activity. European journal of paediatric neurology. vol. 17 (3).
- (2013) Perceiving affordances for different motor skills. Experimental Brain Research. vol. 225 (3).
- (2013) The influence of center-of-mass movements on the variation in the structure of human postural sway. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 46 (3).
- (2013) Identifying Multiplicative Interactions Between Temporal Scales of Human Movement Variability. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. vol. 41 (8).
- (2013) Multifractal formalisms of human behavior. Human Movement Science. vol. 32 (4).
- (2012) Effectiveness of resistance training in combination with botulinum toxin-A on hand and arm use in children with cerebral palsy: a pre-post intervention study. BMC Pediatrics. vol. July / 12 (2).