Postal addressDepartment of Biology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Bente Jessen Graae
- Plant reproduction
- Community ecology
- Climate change effects
Background and activities
Bente Jessen Graae
Read more on my personal homepage
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Snow cover consistently affects growth and reproduction of Empetrum hermaphroditum across latitudinal and local climatic gradients. Alpine Botany.
- (2014) Latitudinal variation in seeds characteristics of Acer platanoides and A. pseudoplatanus. Plant Ecology. volum 215 (8).
- (2014) Plant movements and climate warming: Intraspecific variation in growth responses to nonlocal soils. New Phytologist. volum 202 (2).
- (2014) To seed or not to seed in alpine restoration: introduced grass species outcompete rather than facilitate native species. Ecological Engineering: The Journal of Ecotechnology. volum 64.
- (2014) Rodent population dynamics affect seedling recruitment in alpine habitats. Journal of Vegetation Science. volum 25 (4).
- (2013) Latitudinal gradients as natural laboratories to infer species' responses to temperature. Journal of Ecology. volum 101 (3).
- (2013) Microclimate moderates plant responses to macroclimate warming. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. volum 110 (46).
- (2013) Climatic control of forest herb seed banks along a latitudinal gradient. Global Ecology and Biogeography. volum 22 (10).
- (2013) Local temperatures inferred from plant communities suggest strong spatial buffering of climate warming across Northern Europe. Global Change Biology. volum 19 (5).
- (2013) Plant community type and small-scale disturbances, but not altitude, influence the invasibility in subarctic ecosystems. New Phytologist. volum 197 (3).
- (2013) Correlations between physical and chemical defences in plants: tradeoffs, syndromes, or just many different ways to skin a herbivorous cat?. New Phytologist. volum 198 (1).
- (2013) Decoupled phenotypic variation between floral and vegetative traits:distinguishing between developmental and environmental correlations. Annals of Botany. volum 111 (5).
- (2012) The response of forest plant regeneration to temperature variation along a latitudinal gradient. Annals of Botany. volum 109.
- (2012) Phosphorus availability and microbial respiration across different tundra vegetation types. Biogeochemistry. volum 108 (1-3).
- (2012) On the use of weather data in ecological studies along altitudinal and latitudinal gradients. Oikos. volum 121 (1).
- (2012) Enhanced UV-B and Elevated CO2 Impacts Sub-Arctic Shrub Berry Abundance, Quality and Seed Germination. Ambio. volum 41.
- (2011) Strong microsite control of seedling recruitment in tundra. Oecologia. volum 166 (2).
- (2011) Interregional variation in the floristic recovery of post-agricultural forests. Journal of Ecology. volum 99 (2).
- (2011) Temperature effects on forest herbs assessed by warming and transplant experiments along a latitudinal gradient. Global Change Biology. volum 17.
- (2011) An intraspecific application of the leaf-height-seed ecology strategy scheme on forest herbs along a latitudinal gradient. Ecography. volum 34.