Background and activities
- Vice Dean of Research, Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering
- Professor, Department of Telematics.
- 1975: Siv.ing. (MSc in Technology)
- 1982: Dr. Techn.
- 1975: Scientific assistant, NTH;
- 1981: Doctor research fellowship (NTNF);
- 1976 - 1997: Scientist, Head of Section, Senior Scientist, and Principal Research Scientist at ELAB, DELAB, SINTEF Telecom and Informatics;
- 1988 - 1997: Adjunct professor at Department of Computer Engineering and Telematics (IDT), NTH;
- 1997 - .......: Professor, Department of Telematics, NTNU;
- 2003 - 2012: Principal investigator, Norwegian Centre of Excellence Q2S - the Centre for Quantifiable Quality of Service in Communication Systems;
- 2009 - .......: Vice Dean of Research, IME-NTNU;
Fields of interest
- Dependability modelling, analysis and simulation, analysis of operational data.
- Communication network dependability; design & management for resilience and survivability,
- Fault-tolerant systems,
- Combined security and dependability evaluation, probabilistic approaches in security,
- Architecture of ICT systems (Emphasis on dependability issues)
- QoS in communication network and services.
- Computer communications, Special Issue on Reliable Network-based Services (RNS)
- Networking 2014,
- 9th International Workshop on Rare Event Simulation,
- DRCN11 International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks,
- EURO NGI 2007 (Euro-NGI Conference on Next Generation Internet Networks.)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Maximizing the reliability of dual homed, critical services in wireless/cellular networks. Optical Switching and Networkning Journal.
- (2015) Open, Autonomous Digital Ecosystems – How to Create and Evolve Trustworthy Systems of Systems?. Open, Autonomous Digital Ecosystems – How to Create and Evolve Trustworthy Systems of Systems?. ERCIM News.
- (2014) Assessing the service quality of an Internet path through end-to-end measurement. Computer Networks. vol. 70.
- (2014) Analysis of the effect of InfoRanking on content pollution in peer-to-peer systems. Security and Communication Networks. vol. 7 (4).
- (2013) SLA success probability assessment in networks with correlated failures. Computer Communications. vol. 36 (6).
- (2013) An Analysis of Interdomain Availability and Causes of Failures Based on Active Measurements. Telecommunications Systems. vol. 52 (2).
- (2012) Towards risk-aware communications networking. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 109.
- (2012) Characterization of Router and Link Failure Processes in UNINETT’s IP Backbone Network. International Journal of Space-Based and Situated Computing (IJSSC). vol. 2 (1).
- (2012) Modeling Push-Based Live P2P Streaming by Stochastic Activity Networks. Modeling Push-Based Live P2P Streaming by Stochastic Activity Networks. Journal of Digital Information Management. vol. 10 (4).
- (2012) Modeling Push-Based Live P2P Streaming by Stochastic Activity Networks. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 294.
- (2011) An Impact of Addressing Schemes on Routing Scalability. An Impact of Addressing Schemes on Routing Scalability. Journal of Communications and Networks. vol. 13 (6).
- (2011) Ant-Based Multipath Routing for Wireless Mesh Networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6625.
- (2011) Resilient Inter-Carrier Traffic Engineering for Internet Peering Interconnections. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. vol. 8 (4).
- (2010) Guaranteeing Service Availability in SLAs; a Study of the Risk Associated with Contract Period and Failure Process. IEEE Latin America Transactions. vol. 8 (4).
- (2010) Ensuring Fast Adaptation in an Ant-Based Path Management System. Ensuring Fast Adaptation in an Ant-Based Path Management System. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering. vol. 39.
- (2010) Opportunistic Ant-Based Path Management for Wireless Mesh Networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6234.
- (2009) Comparison of the Beta and the Hidden Markov Models of Trust in Dynamic Environments. Comparison of the Beta and the Hidden Markov Models of Trust in Dynamic Environments. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology.
- (2009) Revisiting the Auto-Regressive Functions of the Cross-Entropy Ant System. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2008) The Cross Entropy Ant System for Network Path Management. The Cross Entropy Ant System for Network Path Management. Telektronikk. vol. 104 (1).
- (2008) Jgroup/ARM: a distributed object group platform with autonomous replication management. Jgroup/ARM: a distributed object group platform with autonomous replication management. Software, Practice & Experience. vol. 38 (9).