Background and activities
- Vice Dean of Research, Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering
- Professor, Department of Telematics.
- 1975: Siv.ing. (MSc in Technology)
- 1982: Dr. Techn.
- 1975: Scientific assistant, NTH;
- 1981: Doctor research fellowship (NTNF);
- 1976 - 1997: Scientist, Head of Section, Senior Scientist, and Principal Research Scientist at ELAB, DELAB, SINTEF Telecom and Informatics;
- 1988 - 1997: Adjunct professor at Department of Computer Engineering and Telematics (IDT), NTH;
- 1997 - .......: Professor, Department of Telematics, NTNU;
- 2003 - 2012: Principal investigator, Norwegian Centre of Excellence Q2S - the Centre for Quantifiable Quality of Service in Communication Systems;
- 2009 - .......: Vice Dean of Research, IME-NTNU;
Fields of interest
- Dependability modelling, analysis and simulation, analysis of operational data.
- Communication network dependability; design & management for resilience and survivability,
- Fault-tolerant systems,
- Combined security and dependability evaluation, probabilistic approaches in security,
- Architecture of ICT systems (Emphasis on dependability issues)
- QoS in communication network and services.
- Computer communications, Special Issue on Reliable Network-based Services (RNS)
- Networking 2014,
- 9th International Workshop on Rare Event Simulation,
- DRCN11 International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks,
- EURO NGI 2007 (Euro-NGI Conference on Next Generation Internet Networks.)