Postal addressDepartment of Circulation and Medical Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
Bjarne Martens Nes
Post doctoral fellow
Background and activities
K.G. Jebsen Center for Exercise in Medicine
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) A simple non-exercise model of cardiorespiratory fitness predicts long-term mortality. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 46 (6).
- (2013) Age-predicted maximal heart rate in healthy subjects: The HUNT Fitness Study. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. volum 23 (6).
- (2013) Peak oxygen uptake and physical activity in 13-18 year olds: The Young-HUNT Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 45 (2).
- (2013) Insomnia Symptoms and Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Healthy Individuals: The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Sleep. volum 36 (1).
- (2012) Fatter - but fitter? Leisure time physical activity and estimated peak oxygen uptake in a Norwegian population 1984-2008. The Nord-Trondelag Health study (HUNT 1-3). European Heart Journal. volum 33.
- (2012) Peak Oxygen Uptake And Leisure Time Physical Activity In 4427 Healthy Adults: The Hunt Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44.
- (2012) Exercise Patterns and Peak Oxygen Uptake in a Healthy Population: The HUNT Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44 (10).
- (2012) The association of insomnia and peak oxygen uptake. Circulation. volum 125 (19).
- (2011) Estimating (V) over dotO(2peak) from a Nonexercise Prediction Model: The HUNT Study, Norway. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 43 (11).
- (2013) Peak oxygen uptake and habitual exercise as a basis for primary prevention. 2013. ISBN 978-82-4714888-4.