Background and activities
Bjarne Martens Nes is researcher at K.G. Jebsen Center for Exercise in Medicine, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging at Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). He has a Master degree in Human Movement Science (2008) and PhD in Clinical Medicine from NTNU and is currently leading the Epidemiological group within the center. Research interests are physical activity, fitness and health at the population level.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Protective Effect of Regular Physical Activity on Depression after Myocardial Infarction: the HUNT Study. American Journal of Medicine. vol. 129 (1).
- (2015) The effects of high intensity interval training in women with rheumatic disease: a pilot study. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 115 (10).
- (2014) A simple nonexercise model of cardiorespiratory fitness predicts long-term mortality. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 46 (6).
- (2013) Age-predicted maximal heart rate in healthy subjects: The HUNT Fitness Study. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 23 (6).
- (2013) Peak oxygen uptake and physical activity in 13-18 year olds: The Young-HUNT Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 45 (2).
- (2013) Insomnia Symptoms and Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Healthy Individuals: The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Sleep. vol. 36 (1).
- (2012) Fatter - but fitter? Leisure time physical activity and estimated peak oxygen uptake in a Norwegian population 1984-2008. The Nord-Trondelag Health study (HUNT 1-3). European Heart Journal. vol. 33.
- (2012) Peak Oxygen Uptake And Leisure Time Physical Activity In 4427 Healthy Adults: The Hunt Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.
- (2012) Exercise Patterns and Peak Oxygen Uptake in a Healthy Population: The HUNT Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44 (10).
- (2012) The association of insomnia and peak oxygen uptake. Circulation. vol. 125 (19).
- (2011) Estimating (V) over dotO(2peak) from a Nonexercise Prediction Model: The HUNT Study, Norway. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 43 (11).
- (2013) Peak oxygen uptake and habitual exercise as a basis for primary prevention. 2013. ISBN 978-82-4714888-4.