Postal addressDepartment of Production and Quality Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Briefly about MyselfIn my work as professor the main academic interests are:
- Performance measurement and management
- Improvement of business processes
- Project management
Roles and positions:
- Director of the Master's program in Product Design and Manufacturing
- Research Manager at SINTEF Technology and Society, Industrial Management, Productivity and Project Management
- Center Director of Norwegian Center of Project Management
- Co-Editor of International Journal of Production Planning & Control
- Associate member in International Academy for Quality
- Member of IFIP WG5.7
- Member of the Danish Infrastructure Commission
- Member of a number of steering committees, boards, committees, and organizational commitees
- International Faculty Member ved Politechnico di Milano
- Member of the Research Council of Norway's program board for International Scholarships
- 1992-1995 Dr.ing. (Ph.D.) Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1995 - Visiting Scholar at Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, USA
- 1987-1991 MSc.Eng. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, NTNU
- Author and contributor to 24 books
- Author and co-author of 29 journal papers
- Author and co-author of 52 research reports
- Author and co-author of 74 conference contributions, presentations, and speeches
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Managing organizational challenges in global projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald. volum 7 (1).
- (2014) Performance management practice and discipline: moving forward or standing still?. International Journal of Business Performance Management. volum 15 (2).
- (2014) Efficiency of project health checks (PHCs) as an early warning system in practice: a case study in Norway's telecommunication industry. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald. volum 7 (4).
- (2014) Approaching the Devil in the Details; A Survey for Improving Tolerance Engineering Practice. Procedia CIRP. volum 17.
- (2014) Is performance measurement and management fit for the future?. Management Accounting Research. volum 25 (2).
- (2014) To Which Extent Do Projects Explore the Opportunity Space? A study of conceptual appraisals and the choice of conceptual solutions. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald. volum 7 (3).
- (2014) Lav prising - store valg. En studie av underestimering av kostnader i prosjekters tidligfase. Concept rapport. volum 39.
- (2013) Scaled critical factor index for optimal resource allocation in service and lean construction. International Journal of Sustainable Economy. volum 5 (3).
- (2013) Application of Performance Measurement as an Early Warning System: A Case Study in the Oil and Gas Industry. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald. volum 6 (4).
- (2013) A Review on Possible Approaches for Detecting Early Warning Signs in Projects. Project Management Journal. volum 44 (5).
- (2013) Identification of Early Warning Signs in Front-end Stage of Projects, an Aid to Decision Making. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. volum 74.
- (2013) Performance measurement in the building design process: a tool for building design managers. Journal of Design Research. volum 11 (2).
- (2013) Balancing structure and learning in an open prison. International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning. volum 2 (1).
- (2012) Practical Difficulties Encountered in Attempting to Implement a Partnering Approach. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald. volum 5 (2).
- (2012) Lean Construction Practices and its Effects: A Case Study at St Olav’s Integrated Hospital, Norway. Lean Construction Journal. volum 2012.
- (2012) Identifying and Acting on Early Warning Signs in Complex Projects. Project Management Journal. volum 43 (2).
- (2011) Key factors for management of global projects: a case study. International Journal of Transitions and Innovation systems. volum 1 (4).
- (2011) Post-project changes: occurrence, causes, and countermeasures. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald. volum 4 (2).
- (2011) The Use of Integrative Framework to Support the Development of Competences. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 6944.
- (2010) Is there a tactical level of business processes?: Emphasizing processes that enable adaptability, change, and improvement. The TQM Journal. volum 22 (5).