Background and activities
Briefly about myself
In my work as professor the main academic interests are:
- Project management
- Performance measurement and management
- Benchmarking and other improvement tools
Roles and positions:
- Director of the Master's program in Product Design and Manufacturing
- Center Director of Project Norway
- Co-Editor of International Journal of Production Planning & Control
- Academician in International Academy for Quality
- Member of IFIP WG5.7
- Member of a number of steering committees, boards, committees, and organizational commitees
- 1992-1995 Dr.ing. (Ph.D.) Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1995 - Visiting Scholar at Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, USA
- 1987-1991 MSc.Eng. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Analyzing electrical installation labor productivity through work sampling. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management.
- (2016) A review of performance measurements for successful Concurrent Construction. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Low estimates – high stakes: underestimation of costs at the front-end of projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 9 (1).
- (2016) Remedies for Managing Bottlenecks and Time-Thieves in Norwegian Construction Projects – Public vs Private Sector. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) A Conceptual Framework to Enhance Value Creation in Construction Projects. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 100.
- (2016) The Black Swan – Knowing the unknown in projects. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Selection criteria for project delivery methods for infrastructure projects. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Project Partnering in Norwegian Construction Industry. Energy Procedia.
- (2016) “Need for Speed”: Framework for Measuring Construction Project Pace – Case of Road Project. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) PESTOL - Framework for «Project Evaluation on Strategic, Tactical and Operational Levels». International journal of information systems and project management. vol. 4 (3).
- (2015) The Early Warning Procedure in an International Context. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 194.
- (2015) Barriers against effective responses to early warning signs in projects. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 33 (5).
- (2015) Time-thieves and bottlenecks in the Norwegian construction projects. Procedia Economics and Finance. vol. 21.
- (2014) Managing organizational challenges in global projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 7 (1).
- (2014) Performance management practice and discipline: moving forward or standing still?. International Journal of Business Performance Management. vol. 15 (2).
- (2014) Efficiency of project health checks (PHCs) as an early warning system in practice: a case study in Norway's telecommunication industry. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 7 (4).
- (2014) Variation Analysis in Collaborative Engineering; an Industrial Case Study of Rocket Motor Development. Procedia CIRP. vol. 21.
- (2014) Approaching the Devil in the Details; A Survey for Improving Tolerance Engineering Practice. Procedia CIRP. vol. 17.
- (2014) On Knowledge-based Development: How Documentation Practice represents a strategy for Closing Tolerance Engineering Loops. Procedia CIRP. vol. 21.
- (2014) Is performance measurement and management fit for the future?. Management Accounting Research. vol. 25 (2).