Background and activities
Briefly about MyselfIn my work as professor the main academic interests are:
- Performance measurement and management
- Improvement of business processes
- Project management
Roles and positions:
- Director of the Master's program in Product Design and Manufacturing
- Research Manager at SINTEF Technology and Society, Industrial Management, Productivity and Project Management
- Center Director of Norwegian Center of Project Management
- Co-Editor of International Journal of Production Planning & Control
- Associate member in International Academy for Quality
- Member of IFIP WG5.7
- Member of the Danish Infrastructure Commission
- Member of a number of steering committees, boards, committees, and organizational commitees
- International Faculty Member ved Politechnico di Milano
- Member of the Research Council of Norway's program board for International Scholarships
- 1992-1995 Dr.ing. (Ph.D.) Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1995 - Visiting Scholar at Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, USA
- 1987-1991 MSc.Eng. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, NTNU
- Author and contributor to 24 books
- Author and co-author of 29 journal papers
- Author and co-author of 52 research reports
- Author and co-author of 74 conference contributions, presentations, and speeches
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Managing organizational challenges in global projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 7 (1).
- (2014) Performance management practice and discipline: moving forward or standing still?. International Journal of Business Performance Management. vol. 15 (2).
- (2014) Efficiency of project health checks (PHCs) as an early warning system in practice: a case study in Norway's telecommunication industry. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 7 (4).
- (2014) Variation Analysis in Collaborative Engineering; an Industrial Case Study of Rocket Motor Development. Procedia CIRP. vol. 21.
- (2014) Approaching the Devil in the Details; A Survey for Improving Tolerance Engineering Practice. Procedia CIRP. vol. 17.
- (2014) On Knowledge-based Development: How Documentation Practice represents a strategy for Closing Tolerance Engineering Loops. Procedia CIRP. vol. 21.
- (2014) Is performance measurement and management fit for the future?. Management Accounting Research. vol. 25 (2).
- (2014) To Which Extent Do Projects Explore the Opportunity Space? A study of conceptual appraisals and the choice of conceptual solutions. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 7 (3).
- (2013) Scaled critical factor index for optimal resource allocation in service and lean construction. International Journal of Sustainable Economy. vol. 5 (3).
- (2013) Application of Performance Measurement as an Early Warning System: A Case Study in the Oil and Gas Industry. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 6 (4).
- (2013) A Review on Possible Approaches for Detecting Early Warning Signs in Projects. Project Management Journal. vol. 44 (5).
- (2013) Identification of Early Warning Signs in Front-end Stage of Projects, an Aid to Decision Making. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 74.
- (2013) Performance measurement in the building design process: a tool for building design managers. Journal of Design Research. vol. 11 (2).
- (2013) Balancing structure and learning in an open prison. International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning. vol. 2 (1).
- (2012) Practical Difficulties Encountered in Attempting to Implement a Partnering Approach. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 5 (2).
- (2012) Lean Construction Practices and its Effects: A Case Study at St Olav’s Integrated Hospital, Norway. Lean Construction Journal. vol. 2012.
- (2012) Identifying and Acting on Early Warning Signs in Complex Projects. Project Management Journal. vol. 43 (2).
- (2011) Key factors for management of global projects: a case study. International Journal of Transitions and Innovation systems. vol. 1 (4).
- (2011) Post-project changes: occurrence, causes, and countermeasures. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 4 (2).
- (2011) The Use of Integrative Framework to Support the Development of Competences. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6944.