Background and activities
Physician and specialist in Oncology. Consultant at the Cancer Clinic, St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, with the responsibility of lung cancer therapy. Main position as researcher at the Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Main research activity is clinical lung cancer research, but also conduct research on health-related quality of life, cancer in the elderly, body composition, and patient information. Has established a translational research group focusing on liquid biopsies in cancer patients.
- Medical doctor, University of Bergen, 1994
- Specialist in Oncology, St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, 2001
- PhD in Clinical Medicine, NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 2010
Main research interests:
- Lung cancer
- Geriatric oncology
- Nordic randomized phase II study comparing two schedules of hyperfractionated thoracic radiotherapy in limited disease small-cell lung cancer
- Randomized phase III study comparing maintenance pemetrexed therapy after induction chemotherapy versus pemetrexed at progression in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer
- The prognostic and predictive role of ctDNA-analyses in lung cancer patients who undergo surgery
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Geriatric assessment is superior to oncologists’ clinical judgement in identifying frailty. British Journal of Cancer.
- (2017) Measurement of health-related quality of life during chemotherapy -the importance of timing. Acta Oncologica. vol. 56 (5).
- (2017) Livskvalitet under cellegiftbehandling -betydning av måletidspunkt. Best Practice Onkologi/Hematologi.
- (2017) Cancer cachexia associates with a systemic autophagy-inducing activity mimicked by cancer cell-derived IL-6 trans-signaling. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Drug Dose Per Kilogram Lean Body Mass Predicts Hematologic Toxicity From Carboplatin-Doublet Chemotherapy in Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Clinical Lung Cancer. vol. 18 (2).
- (2017) Medical complexity and time to lung cancer treatment - A three-year retrospective chart review. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 17:45.
- (2016) Strategies for clinical implementation of TNM-Immunoscore in resected nonsmall-cell lung cancer. Annals of Oncology. vol. 27 (2).
- (2016) Oral versus intravenous vinorelbine in advanced NSCLC - a retrospective comparison. Cancer treatment and research communication. vol. 9.
- (2016) Randomized phase II trial comparing twice daily hyperfractionated with once daily hypofractionated thoracic radiotherapy in limited disease small cell lung cancer. Acta Oncologica. vol. 55 (5).
- (2016) Tumour size reduction after the first chemotherapy-course and outcomes of chemoradiotherapy in limited disease small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. vol. 102.
- (2016) Comorbidity and outcomes of concurrent chemo- and radiotherapy in limited disease small cell lung cancer. Acta Oncologica. vol. 55 (11).
- (2016) Comparing comorbidity scales: Attending physician score versus the Cumulative Illness Rating Scale for Geriatrics. Journal of Geriatric Oncology. vol. 7 (2).
- (2016) Does chemotherapy improve health-related quality of life in advanced pancreatic cancer? A systematic review. Critical reviews in oncology/hematology. vol. 99.
- (2016) Skeletal muscle radiodensity is prognostic for survival in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Clinical Nutrition. vol. 35 (6).
- (2015) Characterization of patients receiving palliative chemo- and radiotherapy during end of life at a regional cancer center in Norway. Acta Oncologica. vol. 54 (3).
- (2015) Reduction in tumor size after the first course of cisplatin/etoposide (PE) in limited disease small-cell lung cancer (LD SCLC). Journal of Clinical Oncology. vol. 33.
- (2015) Associations between Comorbidity, Treatment Toxicity and Overall Survival in Limited Disease Small-Cell Lung Cancer (LD-SCLC). Journal of Thoracic Oncology. vol. 10 (9).
- (2015) Prognosis in advanced lung cancer - A prospective study examining key clinicopathological factors. Lung Cancer. vol. 88 (3).
- (2015) Low muscle mass is associated with chemotherapy-induced haematological toxicity in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. vol. 90 (1).
- (2015) Changes in skeletal muscle mass during palliative chemotherapy in patients with advanced lung cancer. Acta Oncologica. vol. 54 (3).