Postal addressDepartment of Circulation and Medical Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
Bjørn Olav Haugen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Concentrations of remifentanil, propofol, fentanyl, and midazolam during rewarming from therapeutic hypothermia. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. volum 58 (6).
- (2014) Quantification of aortic regurgitation using high-pulse repetition frequency three-dimensional colour Doppler. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. volum 15 (6).
- (2013) Feasibility and accuracy of point-of-care ultrasound examination performed by medical students. European Heart Journal. volum 34.
- (2013) Effects of hypothermia on the disposition of morphine, midazolam, fentanyl, and propofol in intensive care unit patients. Drug Metabolism And Disposition. volum 41 (1).
- (2013) Feasibility and clinical implementation of hand-held echocardiography. Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy. volum 11 (1).
- (2013) Feasibility and reliability of point-of-care pocket-size echocardiography performed by medical residents. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. volum 14 (12).
- (2013) Lommeultralyd - det nye stetoskopet?. Indremedisineren.
- (2013) Transesophageal echocardiography with Blood Flow Imaging during Atrial Septal defect closure: A comparison with the current references. Cardiology in the Young. volum 23.
- (2012) Propofol and remifentanil versus midazolam and fentanyl for sedation during therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a randomised trial. Intensive Care Medicine. volum 38 (6).
- (2012) Angle-independent quantification of complex flow patterns in congenital heart disease. IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium Proceedings.
- (2012) Routinely adding ultrasound examinations by pocket-sized ultrasound devices improves inpatient diagnostics in a medical department. European journal of internal medicine. volum 23 (2).
- (2012) Assessment of left ventricular function by GPs using pocket-sized ultrasound. Family Practice. volum 29 (5).
- (2012) Real-time Scan Assistant for Echocardiography. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. volum 59 (3).
- (2011) A 50-year-old man with eosinophilia and cardiomyopathy: need for endomyocardial biopsy?. European Journal of Echocardiography. volum 12 (3).
- (2011) Feasibility and reliability of point-of-care pocket-sized echocardiography. European Journal of Echocardiography. volum 12 (9).
- (2011) Predictors of clinical usefulness of pocket-sized ultrasound in a general medical department. European Journal of Echocardiography. volum 12.
- (2011) Non-expert assessment of left ventricular systolic function using pocket-sized ultrasound. European Journal of Echocardiography. volum 12.
- (2011) Change in left ventricular vortex flow before and after surgery for coarctation of the aorta in an infant shown with plane wave imaging and flow speckle tracking. Cardiology in the Young. volum 21.
- (2011) Flow speckle tracking for detailed visualization of flow patterns in neonates with congenital heart defects. European Journal of Echocardiography.
- (2011) High prevalence of subclinical rheumatic heart disease in pregnant women in a developing country: an echocardiographic study. Echocardiography. volum 28 (10).