Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) AID expression in B-cell lymphomas causes accumulation of genomic uracil and a distinct AID mutational signature. DNA Repair. vol. 25.
- (2014) Activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) is localized to subnuclear domains enriched in splicing factors. Experimental Cell Research. vol. 322 (1).
- (2014) Error-free versus mutagenic processing of genomic uracil-Relevance to cancer. DNA Repair. vol. 19.
- (2014) Expression and recruitment of uracil-DNA glycosylase are regulated by E2A during antibody diversification. Molecular Immunology. vol. 60 (1).
- (2013) A combined nuclear and nucleolar localization motif in activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) controls immunoglobulin class switching. Journal of Molecular Biology. vol. 425 (2).
- (2013) Genomic uracil - potent mutagen but normal intermediate in adaptive immunity. The FEBS Journal. vol. 280.
- (2012) Strikingly different properties of uracil-DNA glycosylases UNG2 and SMUG1 may explain divergent roles in processing of genomic uracil. DNA Repair. vol. 11 (6).
- (2012) The UNG2 Arg88Cys variant abrogates RPA-mediated recruitment of UNG2 to single-stranded DNA. DNA Repair. vol. 11 (6).
- (2011) Uracil-DNA Glycosylase in Base Excision Repair and Adaptive Immunity: SPECIES DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MAN AND MOUSE. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 286 (19).
- (2011) UNG-initiated base excision repair is the major repair route for 5-fluorouracil in DNA, but 5-fluorouracil cytotoxicity depends mainly on RNA incorporation. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 39 (19).
- (2010) DNA repair and cancer. European Journal of Cancer. vol. 8 (5).
- (2009) Active nuclear import and cytoplasmic retention of activation-induced deaminase. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology. vol. 16 (5).
- (2009) Uracil in DNA and its processing by different DNA glycosylases. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 364 (1517).
- (2008) Cell cycle-specific UNG2 phosphorylations regulate protein turnover, activity and association with RPA. EMBO Journal. vol. 27 (1).
- (2008) Human AlkB homolog 1 is a mitochondrial protein that demethylates 3-methylcytosine in DNA and RNA. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 238 (36).
- (2007) Uracil in DNA - General mutagen, but normal intermediate in acquired immunity. DNA Repair.
- (2007) Repair og uracil in DNA by UNG2 and SMUG1 - an update. DNA Repair.
- (2007) NEIL1 is the major DNA glycosylase that processes 5-hydroxyuracil in the proximity of a DNA single-strand break. Biochemistry. vol. 46 (13).
- (2007) Uracil-DNA glycosylases SMUG1 and UNG2 coordinate the initial steps of base excision repair by distinct mechanisms. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 35 (12).
- (2006) Genomic uracil and human disease. Experimental Cell Research. vol. 312.