Background and activities
My postdoc project is focused on two research areas:
Fault-tolerant model predictive control (MPC). The objective is to develop (economic) MPC methods that actively adapts to actuator, sensor or system faults, so as to preserve safety and stability of the control system, as well as improving the performance.
Production planning in alloy industries. This objective of this project is to develop optimization models and methods to improve the production planning of manganese ferroalloys.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) An exact penalty-function approach to proactive fault-tolerant economic MPC. Control Conference (ECC), 2016 European.
- (2017) Shale-gas wells as virtual storage for supporting intermittent renewables. Energy Policy. vol. 102.
- (2016) Fault tolerant model predictive control of exothermic reactions: Challenges and solution approaches. Nordic Process Control Workshop ; Stockholm. 2016-08-25 - 2016-08-26.
- (2016) Proactive Actuator Fault-Tolerance in Economic MPC for Nonlinear Process Plants. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2016) Reducing the risk of another Aliso Canyon. Science. vol. 353 (6302).
- (2016) Sensor fault tolerance in output feedback nonlinear model predictive control. Conference on Control and Fault-Tolerant Systems (SysTol).
- (2015) Designing shale-well proxy models for field development and production optimization problems. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 27 (2).
- (2015) Towards an objective feasibility pump for convex MINLPs. Computational optimization and applications. vol. 63 (3).
- (2014) On Shut-In Based Production Optimization of Shale-Gas Systems. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0482-1. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2014:285).
- (2014) Lagrangian relaxation based decomposition for well scheduling in shale-gas systems. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 63.
- (2014) On MINLP Heuristics for Solving Shale-well Scheduling Problems. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 19 (1).
- (2014) Shale-gas scheduling for natural-gas supply in electric power production. Energy. vol. 78.
- (2013) Shut-in based production optimization of shale-gas systems. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 58.
- (2013) Lagrangian Relaxation Based Production Optimization of Tight-formation Wells. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2012) Mixed Integer Optimization of the Late-life Performance of Shale-gas Wells. 21st International Symposium on Mathmatical Programming . Mathematical Optimization Society; Berlin. 2012-08-19 - 2012-08-24.
- (2012) Target-Rate Tracking for Shale-Gas Multi-Well Pads by Scheduled Shut-Ins. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.