Department of Marine Technology
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Carl Martin Larsen
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2012) Mathematical Modeling of Marine Structures. Journal of Applied Mathematics.
- (2010) Large Eddy Simulation on Interaction Between in-Line and Cross-Flow Oscillation of A Circular Cylinder. China Ocean engineering. volum 24 (4).
- (2008) FEM modelling and automatic control for collision prevention of top tensioned risers. Marine Structures. volum 21 (1).
- (2006) Blind predictions of laboraty measurements of vortex-induced vibrations of a Tension Riser. Journal of Fluids and Structures.
- (2006) On fatigue damage accumulation from in-line and cross-flow vortex-induced vibrations on risers. Journal of Fluids and Structures. volum 22.
- (2006) Modelling and Control of Colliding top Tensioned Risers in Deep Waters. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2005) Assessment of Fatigue Safety Factors for Deep-Water Risers in Relation to VIV. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. volum 127.
- (2005) Blind predictions of laboratory measurements of vortex-induced vibrations of a tension riser. Journal of Fluids and Structures. volum 21.
- (2005) Reduction of VIV using suppression devices - An empirical approach. Marine Structures. volum 18.
- (2004) A Reliability-based Control Algorithm for Dynamic Positioning of Floating Vessels. Structural Safety. volum 26.
- (2003) Titanium pipes subjected to bending moment and external pressure. Computers & structures. volum 81 (81).
- (2003) Direct numerical simulation and experimental investigation on suppression of vortex induced vibrations of circular cylinders by radial water jets. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. volum 71.
- (2001) Optimal Setpoint Chasing in Dynamic Positioning of Deep-Water Drilling and Intervention Vessels. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control. volum 11.
- (2000) Added mass and oscillation frequency for a circular sylinder subjected to vortex-induced vibrations and external disturbance. Journal of Fluids and Structures. volum 14 (7).
- (2000) Added mass and oscillation frequency for a circular cylinder subjected to vortex-induced vibration and external disturbance. Journal of Fluids and Structures. volum 14.
- (1999) Optimization of catenary risers. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. volum 121 (2).
- (1998) Comparison of Models for Vortex Induced Vibrations of Slender Marine Structures. Marine Structures. volum 10.
- (1992) Flexible riser analysis - comparison of results from computer programs. Marine Structures.
Part of book/report
- (2013) VIV of flexible cylinder in oscillatory flow. Proceedings of the ASME 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering- OMAE 2013.
- (2012) Recent Development of the Empirical Basis for Prediction of Vortex Induced Vibrations. Hydroelasticity in marine technology : proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Hydroelasticity in Marine Technology, Tokyo, Japan 19-21 September 2012.