Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Assessment of the Five-Minute Oxygen Uptake Efficiency Slope in Children With Obesity. Journal of Human Kinetics. vol. 0.
- (2017) Cardiac function in newborns of obese women and the effect of an exercise intervention. European Heart Journal, Supplement.
- (2016) Validity Of Six-minute Oxygen Uptake Efficiency Slope In Obese Children To Determine Cardiorespiratory Fitness. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. May;48 (5).
- (2016) Effects of exercise intensity and nutrition advice on myocardial function in obese children and adolescents: a multicentre randomised controlled trial study protocol. BMJ Open. vol. Apr 4 (6(4)).
- (2016) The Oxygen Uptake Efficiency Slope Reflects Exercise-training Induced Changes In VO2max In Obese Children. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. May;48 (5).
- (2016) Exercise Training Normalizes Timing of Left Ventricular Untwist Rate, but Not Peak Untwist Rate, in Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes and Diastolic Dysfunction: A Pilot Study. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 29 (5).
- (2016) Maternal obesity affects fetal myocardial function as early as in the first trimester. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 47 (4).
- (2016) Can Time Efficient Exercise Improve Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Type 2 Diabetes? A Pilot Study. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (JSSM). vol. 15 (2).
- (2015) Exercise and vascular function in child obesity: A meta-analysis. Pediatrics. vol. 136 (3).
- (2015) Fast food increases postprandial cardiac workload in type 2 diabetes independent of pre-exercise: A pilot study. Nutrition Journal. vol. 14 (79).
- (2015) Aerobic interval training reduces inducible ventricular arrhytmias in diabetic mice after myocardial infarction. Basic Research in Cardiology. vol. 110 (44).
- (2014) Effect of 24 sessions of high-intensity aerobic interval training carried out at either high or moderate frequency, a randomized trial. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) Linking pediatric obesity to subclinical alterations in cardiac structure and function. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 7 (12).
- (2013) Aerobic exercise training improves right- and left ventricular systolic function in patients with COPD. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. vol. 10 (3).
- (2013) The effect of exercise on cardiac function in patients with type 2 diabetes and diastolic dysfunction. European Heart Journal. vol. 34.
- (2013) Reduced fetal cardiac function in obese pregnant women. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 42.
- (2012) High-intensity knee extensor training restores skeletal muscle function in CORD patients. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 40 (5).
- (2012) Aerobic interval training reduces blood pressure and improves myocardial function in hypertensive patients. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Aerobic interval training compensates age related decline in cardiac function. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. vol. 46 (3).
- (2011) Exercise Training in Pregnancy for obese women (ETIP): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. vol. 12 (154).