Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Annual variation in the timing of breeding, pre-breeding foraging areas and corticosterone levels in an Arctic population of black-legged kittiwakes. Marine Ecology Progress Series. volum 496.
- (2014) Migration and stress during reproduction govern telomere dynamics in a seabird. Biology Letters. volum 10 (1).
- (2014) Corticosterone mediates carry-over effects between breeding and migration in the kittiwake Rissa tridactyla. Marine Ecology Progress Series. volum 496.
- (2014) The stress of being contaminated? Adrenocortical function and reproduction in relation to persistent organic pollutants in female black legged kittiwakes. Science of the Total Environment. volum 476-477.
- (2013) Differential reproductive responses to stress reveal the role of life-history strategies within a species. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. volum 280 (1771: 20132090).
- (2013) To breed or not to breed: endocrine response to mercury contamination by an Arctic seabird. Biology Letters. volum 9 (4).
- (2013) Determining adrenocortical activity as a measure of stress in African elephants (Loxodonta africana) in relation to human activities in Serengeti ecosystem. African Journal of Ecology. volum 51 (4).
- (2013) Thyroid hormones correlate with basal metabolic rate but not field metabolic rate in a wild bird species. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (2).
- (2012) Relationships between POPs and baseline corticosterone levels in black-legged kittiwakes (Rissa tridactyla) across their breeding cycle. Environmental Pollution. volum 164.
- (2011) Experimentally reduced corticosterone release promotes early breeding in black-legged kittiwakes. Journal of Experimental Biology. volum 214 (12).
- (2011) Growing old with the immune system : a study of immunosenescence in the zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata). Journal of Comparative Physiology. B, Biochemical, Systemic, and Environmental Physiology. volum 181 (5).
- (2010) On estimating basal metabolic rate from body mass: A potential pitfall in predicting post operative survival. American Journal of Hematology. volum 85 (10).
- (2010) Parent Kittiwakes experience a decrease in cell-mediated immunity as they breed. Journal of Ornithology = Journal fur Ornithologie. volum 151 (3).
- (2010) Citrate synthase activity does not account for age-related differences in maximum aerobic performance in House Sparrows (Passer domesticus). Australian Zoologist. volum 35 (2).
- (2010) Stress and the timing of breeding: Glucocorticoid-luteinizing hormones relationships in an arctic seabird. General and Comparative Endocrinology. volum 169 (1).
- (2010) Long-term survival effect of corticosterone manipulation in Black-legged kittiwakes. General and Comparative Endocrinology. volum 167 (2).
- (2010) Evidence for an intrinsic energetic ceiling in free-ranging kittiwakes Rissa tridactyla. Journal of Animal Ecology. volum 79 (1).
- (2009) Metabolic ageing in individual zebra finches. Biology Letters. volum 5 (1).
- (2009) Climate change and phenological responses of two seabird species breeding in the high-Arctic. Marine Ecology Progress Series. volum 393.
- (2009) Food restriction in young Japanese quails: effects of growth, metabolism, plasma thyroid hormones and mRNA species in the thyroid hormone signalling pathway. Journal of Experimental Biology. volum 212 (19).
- (2010) Ecological and Environmental Physiology of Birds. Oxford University Press. 2010. ISBN 978-0-19-922844-7.