Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Expanding the 3R principles: More rigour and transparency in research using animals. EMBO Reports. vol. e201744428.
- (2017) Infection with koala retrovirus subgroup B (KoRV-B), but not KoRV-A, is associated with chlamydial disease in free-ranging koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus). Scientific Reports.
- (2016) Antibody and Cytokine Responses of Koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus) Vaccinated with Recombinant Chlamydial Major Outer Membrane Protein (MOMP) with Two Different Adjuvants. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (5).
- (2016) Humoral immune responses in koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus) either naturally infected with Chlamydia pecorum or following administration of a recombinant chlamydial major outer membrane protein vaccine. Vaccine. vol. 34 (6).
- (2016) Treatment of Chlamydia-associated ocular disease via a recombinant protein based vaccine in the koala (Phascolarctos cinereus). Biologicals (Print). vol. 44 (6).
- (2016) Serum antibody response to koala retrovirus (KoRV) antigens varies in free-ranging koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus) in Australia: implications for vaccine design. Journal of Wildlife Diseases. vol. 52 (2).
- (2016) Koala translocations and Chlamydia: Managing risk in the effort to conserve native species. Biological Conservation. vol. 197.
- (2016) A Prototype Recombinant-Protein Based Chlamydia pecorum Vaccine Results in Reduced Chlamydial Burden and Less Clinical Disease in Free-Ranging Koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus). PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (1).
- (2015) Genetic diversity in the plasticity zone and the presence of the chlamydial plasmid differentiates Chlamydia pecorum strains from pigs, sheep, cattle, and koalas. BMC Genomics. vol. 16 (1).
- (2015) Identification, characterisation and expression analysis of natural killer receptor genes in Chlamydia pecorum infected koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus). BMC Genomics. vol. 16 (1).
- (2015) Comparison of subcutaneous versus intranasal immunization of male koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus) for induction of mucosal and systemic immunity against Chlamydia pecorum. Vaccine. vol. 33 (7).
- (2014) Detoxification enzyme activites (CYP1A1 and GST) in the skin of humpback whales as a function of organochlorine burdens and migration status. Aquatic Toxicology.
- (2014) Vaccination of koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus) with a recombinant chlamydial major outer membrane protein adjuvanted with poly I:C, a host defense peptide and polyphosphazine, elicits strong and long lasting cellular and humoral immune responses. Vaccine. vol. 32 (44).
- (2014) Interleukin 17A is an immune marker for chlamydial disease severity and pathogenesis in the koala (Phascolarctos cinereus). Developmental and Comparative Immunology.
- (2014) Vertical distribution of lipids, fatty acids and organochlorine contaminants in the blubber of southern hemisphere humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae). Marine Environmental Research. vol. 94.
- (2013) Metabolic Concentration of Lipid Soluble Organochlorine Burdens in Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Blubber Through Migration and Fasting. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 47 (16).
- (2012) Lipid and fatty acid profiles of migrating Southern Hemisphere humpback whales Megaptera novaeangliae. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 471.
- (2011) Cytochrome P450 isozyme protein verified in the skin of southern hemisphere humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae): Implications for biochemical biomarker assessment. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 62 (4).
- (2006) Respiration by buried echidnas Tachyglossus aculeatus. Journal of Experimental Biology. vol. 209.