Background and activities
Monica Divitini is Professor in Cooperation Technologies at IDI-NTNU since 2002. She holds a PhD in Computer Science from Aalborg University, Denmark.
Main scientific Grants (recent)
MIRROR, (Unit responsible - proposal prepared with Dr. Birgit Krogstie) IP Co-Funded by EU IST FP7 (project nr. 257617), theme: Technology-enhanced learning, 2010 – 2014, Coordinator: IMC Information Media, Germany - 15 partners across 6 European countries.
NORDIC-LEAF (unit responsible), Nordforsk funded network for researcher training in social and mobile learning, lead by Stockholm University, 8 partners in Nordic countries.
Co-creat (unit responsible), project co-funded by EU LLP2010 on creative collaboration in learning, lead by Oulu University, 8 partners across Europe
FABULA (Project leader) – Project funded by NFR-VERDIKT on seamless networks for transforming the city into an arena for learning. Collaboration among IDI, the Department of Telematics and the Center for ICT and Learning (LIKT) at NTNU 11 MNOK
ASTRA (Unit responsible) – Project co-funded by EU IST-FET on pervasive awareness applications, lead by CTI, Greece with 5 partners. Completed in 2010.
MOTUS (project leader) – Project funded by LIKT-NTNU on Mobile Technology in University Education. Collaboration among IDI, the Programme for teacher education and the Department of Modern Foreign Languages (French group) at NTNU. Completed 2010.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Technology-enhanced Smart City Learning: a Systematic Mapping of the Literature. ID&A Interaction design & architecture(s). vol. 27.
- (2016) IoT for smart city learning: Towards requirements for an authoring tool. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1602.
- (2016) Tiles Cards: a card-based design game for smart objects ecosystems. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1602.
- (2016) From interactive surfaces to interactive game pieces in hybrid board games. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments. vol. 8 (5).
- (2016) Anyboard: A platform for hybrid board games. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9926 LNCS.
- (2015) Cross-Team Reflection Workshops in Software Engineering Student Projects. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 23 (1).
- (2015) Boundary objects in collaborative work and learning. Information Systems Frontiers. vol. 18 (1).
- (2015) Make2Learn: Fostering Engagement and Creativity in Learning through Making. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1450.
- (2015) Making as a pathway to foster joyful engagement and creativity in learning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9353.
- (2015) Technology-enhanced smart city learning: A systematic mapping of the literature. ID&A Interaction design & architecture(s). vol. 27 (1).
- (2015) The Interactive-Token Approach to Board Games. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9425.
- (2015) Making Interactive Board Games to Learn: Reflections on AnyBoard. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1450.
- (2015) Context Becomes Content: Sensor Data for Computer-Supported Reflective Learning. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. vol. 8 (1).
- (2013) Understanding Trajectories of Experience in Situated Learning Field Trips. ID&A Interaction design & architecture(s).
- (2013) Reflecting on Emotion: Design Challenges for Cooperation Technology. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1047.
- (2013) Reflective Learning in the Workplace: The Role of Emotion. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8095.
- (2012) Collaborative serious games for crisis management: an overview. IEEE Enabling Technologies.
- (2012) Don’t Panic: Enhancing Soft Skills for Civil Protection Workers. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7528.
- (2012) Smart Jacket as a Collaborative Tangible User Interface in Crisis Management. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 953.
- (2012) Learning Computer-Mediated Cooperation in 3D Visualization Projects. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7467.