Background and activities
My research is focused on the three areas of target tracking, inertial navigation and simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM). I am particularly interested in the theoretical foundations for multi-target tracking, in the relationships between target tracking and navigation and SLAM, and in applications of these research areas in collision avoidance for autonomous vehicles. I am project manager for the Autosea project (https://www.ntnu.edu/amos/autosea).
TTK4225 Systems theory, introduction (autumn 2016)
TK8102 Non-linear state estimation (next time spring 2018)
See http://autosea.github.io for possible specialization project and master thesis topics.
Erik F. Wilthil - Target Tracking and Navigation for Maritime Collision Avoidance
Andreas L. Flåten - Multisensor Tracking for Collision Avoidance
Inger B. Hagen - Collision avoidance for autonomous ferry
Albert Sans Muntadas - AUV docking (co-supervisor together with Kristin Pettersen)
Elias Bjørne (co-supervisor together with Tor Arne Johansen)
Marco Leonardi - Underwater sensor fusion based SLAM and path planning for AUVs (co-supervised together with Annette Stahl, Martin Ludvigsen and Asgeir Johan Sørensen)
Simen Haugo - Visual SLAM (co-supervised together with Annette Stahl and Tor A. Johansen)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) A multi-hypothesis solution to data association for the two-frame SLAM problem. The international journal of robotics research. vol. 34 (1).
- (2012) Improved Target Tracking in the Presence of Wakes. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems. vol. 48 (2).
- (2011) The Modified Riccati Equation for Amplitude-Aided Target Tracking in Heavy-Tailed Clutter. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems. vol. 47 (4).
- (2010) Tracking Small Targets in Heavy-Tailed Clutter Using Amplitude Information. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 35 (2).
- (2007) Tracking Dim Targets Using Integrated Clutter Estimation. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 6699.
Part of book/report
- (2014) A novel formulation of the Bayes recursion for single-cluster filtering. 2014 IEEE Aerospace Conference; Big Sky, MT; United States; 1-8 March 2014.
- (2010) Clutter Mitigation for Target Tracking. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2010. ISBN 978-82-471-2229-7. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (131).
- (2014) Robust Underwater Obstacle Detection for Collision Avoidance. International Symposium on Experimental Robotics . International Foundation of Robotics Research; Marrakech/Essaouira. 2014-06-15 - 2014-06-18.
- (2013) Bayesian multi-hypothesis scan matching. OCEANS'13 . MTS/IEEE; Bergen. 2013-06-10 - 2013-06-14.
- (2009) Tracking of targets with state dependent measurement errors using recursive BLUE filters. FUSION 2009, the 12th International Conference on Information Fusion . IEEE; Seattle. 2009-07-06 - 2009-07-09.