Background and activities
Egil Eide (1966) is Adjunct Associate Professor at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications. He is a member of the Circuit and Radio Systems Group. Eide has a MSc and a PhD in Electrical Engineering from NTNU.
Antennas, Radar and remote sensing systems, ultra-wideband radar systems, radio system architecture and system design, signal processing, 3-D imaging techniques, ground penetrating radar and antennas, time-frequency analysis, seismic data processing, satellite and radionavigation systems.
Recent Work Experience
- 2014- Managing Director, 3d-Radar AS, Trondheim
- 2012- Chief Scientist, 3d-Radar AS, Trondheim
- 2011- Adjunct Professor II, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunications, NTNU, teaching 4th year course in Antenna Engineering
- 2001-2012 CEO and founder of the company 3d-Radar AS, Trondheim
- US Patent No. 7,170,449: “Antenna system for Georadar”, 30 January 2007
- WO 2013/051945 A1 (pending): "Ground penetrating radar antenna", Priority Date: 7 October 2011
- Cost Action TU1208, "Civil Engineering Applications of Ground Penetrating Radar", Norwegian representative in the Management Committee
- 2011 Technoport Applied Technology Award, Trondheim, Norway (3d-Radar AS)
- 2010 NHO Trøndelag Innovation Award (3d-Radar AS)
- 2010 Norwegian Gazelle Award for fastest growing company (3d-Radar AS)
- 2002 SND Reodor Statuett for Final Ranking in National Innovation Competition
- 2001 Venture Cup 2001 Phase I Award for 3d-Radar business plan
- 1997 Young Scientist Award at Studiemøtet for Elektronikk, Sandefjord, Norway
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2000) Ultra-wideband transmit/receive antenna pair for ground penetrating radar. Ultra-wideband transmit/receive antenna pair for ground penetrating radar. IEE Proceedings - Microwaves Antennas and Propagation. vol. Vol. 147 (No. 3).
Part of book/report
- (2004) Evaluation of Methods for Ground Bounce Removal in GPR Utility Mapping. Evaluation of Methods for Ground Bounce Removal in GPR Utility Mapping. Proceedings of the tenth International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar - GPR 2004.
- (2004) Prosjektrapport Comenius 2.1: The role of educational administrations in promoting quality self- evaluation in educational centres. Prosjektrapport Comenius 2.1: The role of educational administrations in promoting quality self- evaluation in educational centres. 2004.
- (2001) Undersøkelse av ballast under jernbane ved hjelp av georadar. Undersøkelse av ballast under jernbane ved hjelp av georadar. 2001.
- (2000) Radar Imaging of Small Objects Closely Below the Earth Surface. Radar Imaging of Small Objects Closely Below the Earth Surface. 2000. ISBN 82-7984-098-2.
- (1997) Kurs i prosjektarbeid etter Grunnskolereformen. Kompendium. Kurs i prosjektarbeid etter Grunnskolereformen. Kompendium. 1997.