Background and activities
Elena Celledoni has been employed at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2004. She is a professor of mathematics since 2009. She is a member of the group of differential equations and numerical analysis.
She received her Master degree in mathematics from the University of Trieste in 1993, and her Ph.D in computational mathematics from the University of Padua, Italy, 1997. She held post doc positions at the University of Cambridge, UK, at the
Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, California and at NTNU.
Her research field is in numerical analysis and in particular structure preserving algorithms for differential equations and geometric numerical integration.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) High order semi-Lagrangian methods for the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations. Journal of Scientific Computing. vol. 66 (1).
- (2015) Discretization of polynomial vector fields by polarization. Proceedings of the Royal Society. Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences.
- (2015) Splitting methods for controlled vessel offshore operations. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1648.
- (2014) An introduction to Lie group integrators - basics, new developments and applications. Journal of Computational Physics. vol. 257, Part B.
- (2014) Integrability properties of Kahanʼs method. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical. vol. 47 (36).
- (2014) Preserving first integrals with symmetric Lie group methods. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. vol. 34 (3).
- (2014) The minimal stage, energy preserving Runge-Kutta method for polynomial Hamiltonian systems is the Averaged Vector Field method. Mathematics of Computation. vol. 83 (288).
- (2013) Geometric properties of Kahan's method. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical. vol. 46 (2).
- (2012) Preserving energy resp. dissipation in numerical PDEs using the ‘‘Average Vector Field’’ method. Journal of Computational Physics. vol. 231 (20).
- (2012) Preface of the "Symposium on structure-preserving numerical methods for differential equations". Preface of the "Symposium on structure-preserving numerical methods for differential equations". AIP Conference Proceedings.
- (2011) Semi-Lagrangian multistep exponential integrators for index 2 differential-algebraic systems. Journal of Computational Physics. vol. 230 (9).
- (2010) Energy-Preserving Integrators and the Structure of B-series. Foundations of Computational Mathematics. vol. 10 (6).
- (2010) On conjugate B-series and their geometric structure. On conjugate B-series and their geometric structure. Journal on Numerical Analysis Industrial and Applied Mathematics. vol. 5 (1-2).
- (2010) A Hamiltonian and multi-Hamiltonian formulation of a rod model using quaternions. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. vol. 199 (45-48).
- (2010) Hamiltonian and multi-Hamiltonian formulation of a rod model using quaternions. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. vol. 199 (45-48).
- (2010) Algorithm 903: FRB-Fortran Routines for the Exact Computation of Free Rigid Body Motions. ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software. vol. 37 (2).
- (2009) Semi-Lagrangian Runge-Kutta Exponential Integrators for Convection Dominated Problems. Journal of Scientific Computing. vol. 41 (1).
- (2009) Parallelization in time for thermo-viscoplastic problems in extrusion of aluminium. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering. vol. 79 (5).
- (2009) Energy-preserving Runge-Kutta methods. Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis. vol. 43 (4).
- (2009) Structure of B-series for some classes of Geometric Integrators. Structure of B-series for some classes of Geometric Integrators. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1168.