Background and activities
I am a human movement scientist and part of the research group on Geriatrics, Movement and Stroke (GeMS) at Department of Neuroscience, NTNU. I am presently working on validation and analysis of activity measurements in children and I am a part of the group performing the multicentre RCT “Does botulinum toxin A (BoNT-A) make walking easier in children with cerebral palsy?”
Teaching at the bachelor and master education in Human Movement Science.
PhD in Health Science with focus on motor control and physical performance in patients with fibromyalgia
Fields of interest
Neuromuscular control, musculoskeletal disorders, exercise physiology
Measurements and analysis of human movements including; measurements of muscle activity (EMG), oxygen consumption and kinematics (3D motion capture, accelerometer)
2008-2014: PhD in Health Science, NTNU
2005-2008: Master in Human Movement Science, NTNU
2003-2005: Bachelor in Sport and Human Movement Science, NTNU
2014-: Lecturer, Department of Neuroscience, NTNU
2008-2014: PhD candidate, Department of Human Movement Science, NTNU
2008-2009: FYSAK-coordinator, Orkdal kommune
2007-2008: Research assistant, Program of Human Movement Science, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Reliability of gait speed in children - effects of instruction, distance and age. Gait & Posture.
- (2016) The use of activity monitors for the estimation of energy expenditure during walking in children with cerebral palsy. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2016) Micro movements of the upper limb in fibromyalgia: The relation to proprioceptive accuracy and visual feedback. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 26.
- (2016) Identification of physical behavior in children. Do we need age-specific classification algorithms?. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2016) Detection of physical activity types with accelerometers in adolescents in free-living settings. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2015) Aerobic and cardiovascular autonomic adaptations to moderate intensity endurance exercise in patients with fibromyalgia. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 47 (7).
- (2014) Sleep problems, exercise and obesity and risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain: The Norwegian HUNT study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 24 (6).
- (2013) Metabolic rate, cardiac response, and aerobic capacity in fibromyalgia: A case-control study. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 42 (5).
- (2012) Upper limb position control in fibromyalgia. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 13 (186).