Background and activities
- Cand. med. (MD) 1997 Gesamthochschule Klinikum Essen, Germany
- Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology 2009
- PhD 2009-2013 Devellopment of a computerized pain body map
Field of interest
- ENT Head and Neck cancer
- Medical technology
- Pain treatment and pain assessment
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Advanced Healthcare Services Enabled by a Computerized Pain Body Map. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 98.
- (2016) Hearing Impairment: An Initial Exploration of Information Sharing Practices. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
- (2015) Designing a reliable pain drawing tool: avoiding interaction flaws by better tailoring to patients’ impairments. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. vol. 19 (3-4).
- (2015) Service innovation from the edges: enhanced by telemedicine decision support. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. vol. 19 (3-4).
- (2015) Efficacy and Tolerability of Intranasal Fentanyl Spray in Cancer Patients with Breakthrough Pain. Clinical Therapeutics. vol. 37 (3).
- (2014) The Language of Pain – better requirements for pain tools. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1251.
- (2014) Development and testing of a computerized pain body map in patients with advanced cancer. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 47 (1).
- (2014) Security Considerations for Tablet-based eHealth Applications. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1251.
- (2013) Proceed with Caution: Transition from Paper to Computerized Pain Body Maps. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 21.
- (2013) HealthIn: Toward a New Paradigm for Physician-Patient Communication. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 984.
- (2012) Radio-wave Therapy of Inferior Turbinates for Treatment of Intractable Vasomotor Rhinitis-A Clinical Study of the Subjective Long-term Outcome. Clinical Medicine and Diagnostics. vol. 2 (1).
- (2010) Acceptability and Validity of a Computerised Body Map for Pain Assessment in Cancer Patients. Palliative Medicine : A Multiprofessional Journal. vol. 24 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2013) An Improved Digital Pain Body Map. Proceedings of the IEEE 15th International Conference on e-Health Networking, Applications and Services (Healthcom 2013).
- (2016) Proceedings of the 3rd European Workshop on Practical Aspects of Health Informatics (PAHI 2015). 2016. CEUR Workshop Proceedings (1).
- (2014) PAHI 2014 : Practical Aspects of Health Informatics. Proceedings of the 2nd European Workshop on Practical Aspects of Health Informatics, Trondheim, Norway, May 19-20. 2014. CEUR Workshop Proceedings (1251).