Postal addressDepartment of Laboratory Medicine, Children´s and Women´s Health Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
The main area of my research has been different aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). The clinical trials I have been involved with made it possible to study
- the effect of metformin om pregnancy outcomes in PCOS women
- the placental passage of metformin and pharmacokinetics of metformin
- hemodynamics and utero-placental circulation in placebo vs metformin exposed mothers and fetuses
- steroid hormone, insulin and AMH levels in newborns related to maternal levels
- Breast development in pregnancy and breast feeding in PCOS and non-PCOS women
- Possible long-term effects of metformin exposure in utero
- Pregnancy outcome in twin pregnancies in PCOS women
Other fields of research interest:
Hyperemesis, preterm delivery, breech births, post-term pregnancies and cervical status, breastfeeding and androgen levels, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Androgens and hyperemesis gravidarum: A case-control study. European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology. volum 175 (1).
- (2013) Breech delivery - what influences on the mother's choice?. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 92 (9).
- (2013) Gestational diabetes mellitus among Norwegian women with polycystic ovary syndrome: prevalence and risk factors according to the WHO and the modified IADPSG criteria. European Journal of Endocrinology. volum 169 (1).
- (2012) Metformin's Effect on First-Year Weight Gain: A Follow-up Study. Pediatrics. volum 130 (5).
- (2012) Cervical ripening-Bishop score, cervical length and hormonal status in post-term pregnancies. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 91.
- (2012) AMH in diagnosis of PCOS - Can morphologic description be replaced?. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 91.
- (2012) Anti-Mullerian hormone in the diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome: can morphologic description be replaced?. Human Reproduction. volum 27 (8).
- (2012) Increased prevalence of diabetes and polycystic ovary syndrome in women with a history of preterm birth: a case-control study. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. volum 119 (3).
- (2012) The associations between androgens, cervical length and gestational age in PCOS pregnancies. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 91.
- (2012) Growth, body composition and metabolic profile of 8-year-old children exposed to metformin in utero. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. volum 72 (7).
- (2012) Androgens and antimüllerian hormone in mothers with polycystic ovary syndrome and their newborns. Fertility and Sterility. volum 97 (2).
- (2012) On the potential of metformin to prevent preterm delivery in women with polycystic ovary syndrome - an epi-analysis. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 91 (12).
- (2012) Metformin-effect on newborn head size, maternal and infant weight development: a follow-up study of an RCT on PCOS. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 91.
- (2012) Breast size increment during pregnancy and breast feeding in PCOS mothers: a follow-up study of a randomized controlled trial on metformin vs. placebo. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 91.
- (2012) Breast size increment during pregnancy and breastfeeding in mothers with polycystic ovary syndrome: a follow-up study of a randomised controlled trial on metformin versus placebo. BJOG: an International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. volum 119 (11).
- (2011) PCOS - what matters in early pregnancy? - data from a cross-sectional, multicenter study. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 90 (4).
- (2010) Mid-pregnancy androgen levels are negatively associated with breastfeeding. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 89 (1).
- (2010) Metformin does not prevent gestational diabetes mellitus in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Diabetologia. volum 53.
- (2010) Metformin influence on hormone levels at birth, in PCOS mothers and their newborns. Human Reproduction. volum 25 (3).
- (2010) Metformin during Pregnancy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Results of a RCT. Endocrine reviews. volum 31 (3).