Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Ancient origin and maternal inheritance of blue cuckoo eggs. Nature Communications. vol. 7.
- (2016) First record of Common Tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius) parasitism by Plaintive Cuckoo (Cacomantis merulinus) in Bangladesh. Avian Research. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Disappearance of eggs from non-parasitized nests of brood parasite hosts – the evolutionary equilibrium hypothesis revisited. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society. vol. 118 (2).
- (2016) First-time Migration in Juvenile Common Cuckoos Documented by Satellite Tracking. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (12).
- (2016) Plaintive cuckoos do not select tailorbird hosts that match the phenotypes of their own eggs. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 27 (3).
- (2015) Reproductive success is strongly related to local and regional climate in the Arctic snow bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis). Polar Biology. vol. 38 (3).
- (2015) Solar activity at birth predicted infant survival and women's fertility in historical Norway. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 282 (1801).
- (2014) Extra-pair paternity in relation to regional and local climate in an Arctic-breeding passerine. Polar Biology. vol. 37 (1).
- (2013) Repeatability of sperm size and motility within and between seasons in the Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica). Journal of Ornithology = Journal fur Ornithologie. vol. 154 (4).
- (2013) Reviewing 30 years of studies on the Common Cuckoo - accumulated knowledge and future perspectives. Chinese Birds. vol. 4 (1).
- (2012) Why do brood parasitic birds lay strong-shelled eggs?. Chinese Birds. vol. 3 (4).
- (2012) Are cuckoos maximizing egg mimicry by selecting host individuals with better matching egg phenotypes?. PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (2).
- (2012) Egg phenotype matching by cuckoos in relation to discrimination by hosts and climatic conditions. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 279 (1735).
- (2012) Sex Allocation in Relation to Host Races in the Brood-Parasitic Common Cuckoo (Cuculus canorus). PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (5).
- (2012) Sex roles in egg recognition and egg polymorphism in avian brood parasitism. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 23 (2).
- (2012) Modelling the maintenance of egg polymorphism in avian brood parasites and their hosts. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 25 (5).
- (2012) Diversity of parasitic cuckoos and their hosts in China. Chinese Birds. vol. 3.
- (2011) The common cuckoo Cuculus canorus is not locally adapted to its reed warbler Acrocephalus scirpaceus host. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 24 (2).
- (2011) Genetic differentiation among sympatric cuckoo host races – males matter. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 278.
- (2011) Isolation by time and habitat and coexistence of distinct host races of the common cuckoo. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 24 (3).