Geir Karsten Hansen
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Geir K Hansen is an associate professor in Architectural Management and Facilities Management at the Department of Architectural Design and Management, Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art, NTNU. He is also leader of two master programs in Real Estate and Facilities Management at NTNU. He graduated as an architect from the Faculty of Architecture at the Norwegian Technical University, 1987.
His main field of research is programming, evaluation of processes and buildings, and usability of buildings related to an user and organizational perspective where theory, methods and tools are developed through several projects and case studies. Hansen has previously worked with topics like adaptability and flexibility, new use and transformation of existing buildings and run several architectural design courses on this.
Hansen has been an active member of CiB work group W96 Architectural Management, CiB W70 Facilities Management and will from June 2013 be chair of CiBW111 Usability of Buildings. He has been scientific member of the steering committee for Center for Facilities Management at Denmark Technical University from 2009 - 2013.
He has published a number of scientific papers and articles on usability, adaptability, flexibility in projects and processes and been reviewer for several papers and articles.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2011) Brukskvalitet - Usability. FM Update.
- (2011) Layered Project - Layered Process: Lean Thinking and Flexible Solutions. Architectural Engineering and Design Management. volum 7 (2).
- (2010) Identification of Critical Factors Affecting Flexibility in Hospital Construction Projects. Health Environments Research & Design Journal. volum 3 (2).
- (2009) Bygningers brukskvalitet. Norsk VVS.
- (2009) Hva er en bygnings brukskvalitet, og hvordan vurdere den?. FDVnytt : Forvaltning Drift Vedlikehold.
- (2009) What is a building's usability?. European FM Insight.
- (2009) How to Evaluate Usability. European FM Insight.
- (2003) Bedre med arkitekten som prosjektleder?. Arkitektnytt. volum 12.
- (2012) Rom for barnehage : flerfaglige perspektiver på barnehagens fysiske miljø. Fagbokforlaget. 2012. ISBN 978-82-450-1126-5.
- (2011) USEtool. Evaluating Usability. Methods Handbook. 2011. ISBN 978-82-7551-071-4.
- (2010) USEtool. Evaluering av brukskvalitet. Metodehåndsbok. 2010. ISBN 978-82-536-1131-0.
Part of book/report
- (2012) Can Usability Evaluations drive Innovation. DELIVERING VALUE TO THE COMMUNITY - Proceedings of the Cape Town 2012 Joint CIB W070, W092 & TG72 International Conference, held at the Graduate School of Business, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa..
- (2012) Overview and Status of FM Research for Practice in Norway. Facilities Management Research in the Nordic Countries. Past, Present and Future.
- (2012) Partnerships in FM. Chapter introduction. Facilities Management Research in the Nordic Countries. Past, Present and Future.
- (2012) Usability Reviewed: Summing up Norwegian research on Usability. Facilities Management Research in the Nordic Countries. Past, Present and Future.
- (2012) De fysiske omgivelsenes betydning for barnehagens kvalitet. Rom for barnehage : flerfaglige perspektiver på barnehagens fysiske miljø.
- (2012) Rom for barnehage : velkommen inn. Rom for barnehage : flerfaglige perspektiver på barnehagens fysiske miljø.
- (2012) The Usability of Facilities: Experiences and Effects. Managing Organizational Ecologies. Space, Management and Organizations.
- (2012) Facilities in Use - Nordic Studies about Usability of Workplaces. Facilities Management Research in the Nordic Countries. Past, Present and Future.
- (2011) Metamorfose og Senter for eiendomsutvikling og forvaltning. ARKITEKTUR I HUNDRE - Arkitektutdanningen i Trondheim 1910 - 2010.