Postal addressDepartment of Biology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Optical properties of CDOM across the Polar Front in the Barents Sea: Origin, distribution and significance. Journal of Marine Systems. volum 130.
- (2014) Optical impact of an Emiliania huxleyi bloom in the frontal region of the Barents Sea. Journal of Marine Systems. volum 130.
- (2013) Quantifying the light sensitivity of Calanus spp. during the polar night: potential for orchestrated migrations conducted by ambient light from the sun, moon, or aurora borealis. Polar Biology.
- (2013) Dynamics regulating major trends in Barents Sea temperatures and subsequent effect on remotely sensed particulate inorganic carbon. Marine Ecology Progress Series. volum 484.
- (2013) Molecular and photosynthetic responses to prolonged darkness and subsequent acclimation to re-illumination in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (3).
- (2013) Development of hyperspectral imaging as a bio- optical taxonomic tool for pigmented marine organism. Organisms Diversity & Evolution.
- (2012) Bioluminescence in the high Arctic during the polar night. Marine Biology. volum 159 (1).
- (2012) Pigmentation and Spectral Absorbance Signatures in Deep-Water Corals from the Trondheimsfjord, Norway. Marine Drugs. volum 10 (6).
- (2011) Prasinoderma singularis sp. nov. (Prasinophyceae, Chlorophyta), a Solitary Coccoid Prasinophyte from the South-East Pacific Ocean. Protist. volum 162 (1).
- (2011) Phytoplankton chemotaxonomy in waters around the Svalbard archipelago reveals high amounts of Chl b and presence of gyroxanthin-diester. Polar Biology. volum 34 (5).
- (2011) Pigmentation and spectral absorbance in the deep-sea arctic amphipods Eurythenes gryllus and Anonyx sp. Polar Biology. volum 34 (1).
- (2011) Improved monitoring of phytoplankton bloom dynamics in a Norwegian fjord by integrating satellite data, pigment analysis, and Ferrybox data with a coastal observation network. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing. volum 5.
- (2010) NORUS - Technology Development for Marine Monitoring and Ocean Observation: An North America-Norway educational program. http://ipy-osc.no/abstract/.
- (2010) Underwater hyperspectral imaging of marine mineral deposits. Underwater Mining meeting Institute (UMI).
- (2010) Pigmentation and spectral absorbance in the deep-sea arctic amphipods Eurythenes gryllus and Anonyx sp. Polar Biology. volum 34.
- (2009) Diel vertical migration of Arctic zooplankton during the polar night. Biology Letters. volum 5 (1).
- (2009) In vivo and in vitro differences in chloroplast functionality in the two north Atlantic sacoglossans (Gastropoda, Opisthobranchia) Placida dendritica and Elysia viridis. Marine Biology. volum 156 (5).
- (2009) An integrated analysis of molecular acclimation to high light in the marine diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. volum 4 (11).
- (2009) Microscopic hyperspectral imaging used as a bio-optical taxonomic tool for micro- and macroalgae. Applied Optics. volum 48 (21).
- (2008) Actinomycetes from sediments in the Trondheim Fjord, Norway: Diversity and biological activity. Marine Drugs. volum 6 (1).