Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Is ambient light during the high Arctic polar night sufficient to act as a visual cue for zooplankton?. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0126247 (6).
- (2015) Development of bryozoan fouling on cultivated kelp (Saccharina latissima) in Norway. Journal of Applied Phycology.
- (2015) Integrated environmental mapping and monitoring, a methodological approach to optimise knowledge gathering and sampling strategy. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 96 (1-2).
- (2014) Light Climate and Status of the Photosynthetic Machinery in Macroalgae in the Polar Night. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Arctic complexity: A case study on diel vertical migration of zooplankton. Journal of Plankton Research. vol. 36 (5).
- (2014) Are krill eyes useful in the high Arctic polar night?. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Optical properties of CDOM across the Polar Front in the Barents Sea: Origin, distribution and significance. Journal of Marine Systems. vol. 130.
- (2014) Underwater hyperspectral imaging (UHI) for environmental mapping and monitoring of seabed habitats. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Optical impact of an Emiliania huxleyi bloom in the frontal region of the Barents Sea. Journal of Marine Systems. vol. 130.
- (2014) Glowing in the dark: Discriminating patterns of bioluminescence from different taxa during the Arctic polar night. Polar Biology. vol. 37 (5).
- (2014) The use of underwater hyperspectral imaging deployed on remotely operated vehicles to identify, map and monitor bio-geo-chemical objects of interest. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Scientific Operations Combining ROV and AUV in the Trondheim Fjord. Marine Technology Society journal. vol. 48 (2).
- (2014) Integrated environmental monitoring; a methodological approach to optimise knowledge gathering and sampling strategy. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Photomosaic camera as simultaneous data collector and navigation aid on unmanned underwater vehicles. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Development of hyperspectral imaging as a bio-optical taxonomic tool for pigmented marine organisms. Organisms Diversity & Evolution. vol. 14 (2).
- (2014) System responses to equal doses of photosynthetically usable radiation of blue, green, and red light in the marine diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (12).
- (2013) Quantifying the light sensitivity of Calanus spp. during the polar night: potential for orchestrated migrations conducted by ambient light from the sun, moon, or aurora borealis. Polar Biology.
- (2013) Dynamics regulating major trends in Barents Sea temperatures and subsequent effect on remotely sensed particulate inorganic carbon. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 484.
- (2013) Molecular and photosynthetic responses to prolonged darkness and subsequent acclimation to re-illumination in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (3).
- (2012) Bioluminescence in the high Arctic during the polar night. Marine Biology. vol. 159 (1).