Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Tumor volume assessment in low-grade gliomas: a comparison of preoperative magnetic resonance imaging to coregistered intraoperative 3-dimensional ultrasound recordings. Neurosurgery.
- (2017) REtroSpective Evaluation of Cerebral Tumors (RESECT): A clinical database of pre-operative MRI and intra-operative ultrasound in low-grade glioma surgeries: A. Medical physics (Lancaster). vol. 44 (7).
- (2016) Standardized reporting of adverse events after microvascular decompression of cranial nerves; a population-based single-institution consecutive series. Acta Neurochirurgica. vol. 158 (9).
- (2016) Transsellar Ultrasound in Pituitary Surgery With a Designated Probe: Early Experiences. Operative neurosurgery. vol. 12 (2).
- (2016) Clinical experience with navigated 3D ultrasound angiography (power Doppler) in microsurgical treatment of brain arteriovenous malformations. Acta Neurochirurgica. vol. 158 (5).
- (2015) CustusX: an open-source research platform for image-guided therapy. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 11 (4).
- (2015) Improved quality of freehand 3-D ultrasound color flow imaging by multi-angle compounding. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2015) Surgical Management of Eloquent Supratentorial Low-Grade Gliomas with Special Emphasis on Intraoperative Imaging. Central European Neurosurgery. vol. 76 (2).
- (2014) Surgically acquired deficits and diffusion weighted MRI changes after glioma resection - A matched case-control study with blinded neuroradiological assessment. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (7).
- (2014) Animal study assessing safety of an acoustic coupling fluid that holds the potential to avoid surgically induced artifacts in 3D ultrasound guided operations. BMC Medical Imaging. vol. 14 (11).
- (2014) Surgical strategies in low-grade gliomas and implications for long-term quality of life. Journal of clinical neuroscience. vol. 21 (8).
- (2014) Placement of External Ventricular Drains Using an Average Model. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8361.
- (2014) Intra-operative correction of brain-shift. Acta Neurochirurgica. vol. 156 (7).
- (2013) Model-Based Correction of Velocity Measurements in Navigated 3-D Ultrasound Imaging During Neurosurgical Interventions. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 32 (9).
- (2013) Three dimensional ultrasound guided placement of ventricular catheters. World Neurosurgery. vol. 82 (3 - 4).
- (2013) Surgical strategy in grade II astrocytoma: a population-based analysis of survival and morbidity with a strategy of early resection as compared to watchful waiting. Acta Neurochirurgica. vol. 155 (12).
- (2013) Model-guided Placement of Cerebral Ventricular Catheters. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7915.
- (2013) Ultrasound imaging in neurosurgery: approaches to minimize surgically induced image artefacts for improved resection control. Acta Neurochirurgica. vol. 155 (6).
- (2012) Comparison of a Strategy Favoring Early Surgical Resection vs a Strategy Favoring Watchful Waiting in Low-Grade Gliomas. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). vol. 308 (18).
- (2012) Low Grade Gliomas in Eloquent Locations – Implications for Surgical Strategy, Survival and Long Term Quality of Life. PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (12).