Background and activities
Master of science (sivilingeniør) in electric power engineering, NTH 1984. PhD (doctor ingeniør) in electric power engineering, NTNU 1996. Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Teaching, NTH 1986.
Gerd Kjølle's main position is at SINTEF Energy Research, Department of Energy Systems as Chief Scientist. She is centre director at Centre for Intelligent Electricity Distribution - CINELDI.
Responsible for the PhD course ET8207 Power system reliability
- Smart distribution grid
- Power system planning, life cycle costs, technical-economic optimization
- Reliability and security of electricity supply
- Reliability analysis of power systems
- Fault and interruption statistics and reliability data modelling
- Interruption cost assessment
- Risk and vulnerability analysis of power systems
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Senior Member
- The International Council of Large Electric Systems (CIGRE), member
- Study committee member of CIGRE SC C6 Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation, 2008 - 2016
- European Safety and Reliability Association, Norwegian section
- The Norwegian Society of Chartered Technical and Scientific Professionals (Tekna)
- Norwegian Electrotechnical Association (NEF)
- Member (employee-elected) of SINTEF Energy Research Board of Directors 2006 – 2012
- Member of Trondheim Energi Nett Board of Directors 2003 – 2010
- Member of expert committee on power system operation, appointed by the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, 2010
- Member of the International Technical Committee for IEEE Powertech Trondheim 2011 and Eindhoven 2015
- Member of the International Technical Advisory Committee for PMAPS (International conference on probabilistic methods applied to power systems) 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018
- Member of work programme committee for the research programme Societal security, Research council of Norway, 2012
- Member of the scientific committee for the Society for Risk Analysis-Europe (SRAE) conference 2013
- Member of national scientific committee for publication channels within electrical engineering.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Probabilistic Risk-Based Security Assessment of Power Systems Considering Incumbent Threats and Uncertainties. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. vol. 7 (6).
- (2015) Customer interruption costs in quality of supply regulation : methods for cost estimation and data challenges. CIRED Conference Proceedings. vol. 2015.
- (2015) Reliability data management by means of the standardised FASIT system for data collection and reporting. CIRED Conference Proceedings.
- (2014) Scenario selection in composite reliability assessment of deregulated power systems. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. vol. 63 (Dec).
- (2012) Risk analysis of critical infrastructures emphasizing electricity supply and interdependencies. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 105 (Sept).
- (2011) Indicators to monitor and manage electricity distribution system vulnerabilty. CIRED Conference Proceedings.
- (2010) Integrated approach for security of electricity supply analysis. International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management. vol. 1 (2).
- (2008) Customer costs related to interruptions and voltage problems: Methodology and results. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. vol. 23 (3).
- (2006) Vulnerability analysis of the Nordic power system. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. vol. 21 (1).
- (2003) Quality of supply management by means of interruption statistics and voltage quality measurements. European transactions on electrical power. vol. 13 (6).
- (2001) Reliability of protection and control equipment in the context of compensation for power supply interruptions. IEE Conferance publication.
- (1998) Reliablility and interruption cost prediction using time-dependent failure rates and interruption costs. Quality and Reliability Engineering International.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Contingency screening starting from probabilistic models of hazards and component vulnerabilities. 19th Power Systems Computation Conference PSCC 2016.
- (2016) Enhanced method for reliability of supply assessment - an integrated approach. 19th Power Systems Computation Conference PSCC 2016.
- (2016) Wind dependent failure rates for overhead transmission lines using reanalysis data and a Bayesian updating scheme. 2016 International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems, PMAPS 2016.
- (2016) On Improving Data and Models on Corrective Control Failures for Use in Probabilistic Reliability Management. 2016 International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems, PMAPS 2016.
- (2015) Vulnerability analysis related to extraordinary events in power systems. PowerTech Eindhoven 2015.
- (2015) Risk assessment tool for operation: From threat models to risk indicators. PowerTech Eindhoven 2015.
- (2014) A Comparison of AC and DC Power Flow Models for Contingency and Reliability Analysis. 18th Power system Computations Conference - PSCC 2014.
- (2014) Interruption costs and time dependencies in quality of supply regulation. 2014 International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems - PMAPS 2014.