Background and activities
Master of science (sivilingeniør) in electric power engineering, NTH 1984. PhD (doctor ingeniør) in electric power engineering, NTNU 1996. Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Teaching, NTH 1986.
Gerd Kjølle's main position is at SINTEF Energy Research, Department of Energy Systems as Chief Scientist .
Responsible for the PhD course ET8207 Power system reliability
- Power system planning, life cycle costs, technical-economic optimization
- Reliability and security of electricity supply
- Reliability analysis of power systems
- Fault and interruption statistics and reliability data modelling
- Interruption cost assessment
- Risk and vulnerability analysis of power systems
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Senior Member
- The International Council of Large Electric Systems (CIGRE), member
- Study committee member of CIGRE SC C6 Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation, 2008 – present
- European Safety and Reliability Association, Norwegian section
- The Norwegian Society of Chartered Technical and Scientific Professionals (Tekna)
- Norwegian Electrotechnical Association (NEF)
- Member (employee-elected) of SINTEF Energy Research Board of Directors 2006 – 2012
- Member of Trondheim Energi Nett Board of Directors 2003 – 2010
- Member of expert committee on power system operation, appointed by the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, 2010
- Member of the International Technical Committee for IEEE Powertech Trondheim 2011 and Eindhoven 2015
- Member of the International Technical Advisory Committee for PMAPS (International conference on probabilistic methods applied to power systems) 2010, 2012, 2014
- Member of work programme committee for the research programme Societal security, Research council of Norway, 2012
- Member of the scientific committee for the Society for Risk Analysis-Europe (SRAE) conference 2013
- Member of national scientific committee for publication channels within electrical engineering.