Background and activities
Background and activities
Phd (1990) i human movement science, VU Univeristy Amsterdam.
Teaching: Biomechanics og human movement and motor control
Research: Biomechanics and work physiology in motor behaviour and sports performance
Head of Centre for Elite Sports Research
Section editor Human Movement Science
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The role of speed and incline in the spontaneous choice of technique in classical roller-skiing. Human Movement Science. vol. 55.
- (2017) Comparison of Performance-Levels and Sex on Sprint Race Performance in the Biathlon World Cup. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance.
- (2017) Association between Laboratory Capacities and World-cup Performance in Nordic Combined. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (6).
- (2017) The effect of cadence on shank muscle oxygen consumption and deoxygenation in relation to joint specific power and cycling kinematics. PLoS ONE. vol. 12:e0169573 (1).
- (2017) Effects of upper-body sprint-interval training on strength and endurance capacities in female cross-country skiers. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (2).
- (2016) Bilateral asymmetry in upper extremities is More pronounced in distal compared to proximal joints. Journal of motor behavior. vol. 48 (2).
- (2016) How hinge positioning in cross-country ski bindings affect exercise efficiency, cycle characteristics and muscle coordination during submaximal roller skiing. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (5).
- (2016) Player load, acceleration, and deceleration during forty-five competitive matches of elite soccer. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) How do elite ski jumpers handle the dynamic conditions in imitation jumps?. Journal of Sports Sciences. vol. 34 (11).
- (2016) On the existence of step-to-step breakpoint transitions in accelerated sprinting. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (7).
- (2016) A Comparison of Frontal Theta Activity During Shooting among Biathletes and Cross-Country Skiers before and after Vigorous Exercise. PLoS ONE.
- (2016) How do world-class Nordic Combined athletes differ from specialized cross-country skiers and ski jumpers in sport-specific capacity and training characteristics?. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. vol. 11 (7).
- (2016) Local muscle oxygen consumption related to external and joint specific power. Human Movement Science. vol. 45.
- (2016) Oxygenation, local muscle oxygen consumption and joint specific power in cycling: the effect of cadence at a constant external work rate. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 116 (6).
- (2016) Contribution of upper-body strength, body composition, and maximal oxygen uptake to predict double poling power and overall performance in female cross-country skiers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 30 (9).
- (2015) Mechanical Energy and Propulsion in Ergometer Double Poling by Cross-country Skiers. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (12).
- (2015) Gender differences in power production, energetic capacity and efficiency of elite cross-country skiers during whole-body, upper-body, and arm poling. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 116 (2).
- (2015) The physiological responses to repeated upper-body sprint exercise in highly trained athletes. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 115 (6).
- (2014) Biomechanical analysis of the herringbone technique as employed by elite cross-country skiers. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 24 (3).
- (2014) Changes in Technique and Efficiency After High-Intensity Exercise in Cross-Country Skiers. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. vol. 9 (1).