Background and activities
Head of Department of Mental Health, Faculy of Medicine and Health Sciences, NTNU and Head of Department of Research and Development, Psychiatry, St Olav University Hospital.
Main interests: Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, psychiatric services.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A pilot study to determine whether combinations of objectively measured activity parameters can be used to differentiate between mixed states, mania, and bipolar depression. International journal of bipolar disorders. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) Predictors of long term use of psychiatric services of patients with recent-onset schizophrenia: 12 years follow-up. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 17 (1).
- (2016) The long-term outcomes of an effectiveness trial of group versus individual psychoeducation for bipolar disorders. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 202.
- (2016) Mood and motor activity in euthymic bipolar disorder with sleep disturbance. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 202.
- (2016) Sleep patterns as a predictor for length of stay in a psychiatric intensive care unit. Psychiatry Research. vol. 237.
- (2016) Inflammatory evidence for the psychosis continuum model. Psychoneuroendocrinology. vol. 67.
- (2016) Paroxetine, cognitive therapy or their combination in the treatment of social anxiety disorder with and without avoidant personality disorder: A randomized clinical trial. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. vol. 85 (6).
- (2016) A randomized controlled trial comparing self-referral to inpatient treatment and treatment as usual in patients with severe mental disorders. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 71 (2).
- (2016) Delayed sleep phase: An important circadian subtype of sleep disturbance in bipolar disorders. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 191.
- (2016) The Pharmacogenomics of Bipolar Disorder study (PGBD): identification of genes for lithium response in a prospective sample. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 16.
- (2016) The Pharmacogenomics of Bipolar Disorder study (PGBD): Identification of genes for lithium response in a prospective sample. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 16 (129).
- (2015) Influence of birth cohort on age of onset cluster analysis in bipolar I disorder. European psychiatry. vol. 30 (1).
- (2015) Influence of light exposure during early life on the age of onset of bipolar disorder. Journal of Psychiatric Research. vol. 64.
- (2015) Analyzing seasonal variations in suicide with fourier poisson time-series regression: A registry-based study from Norway, 1969-2007. American Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 182 (3).
- (2015) Effects of high-intensity aerobic exercise on psychotic symptoms and neurocognition in outpatients with schizophrenia: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. vol. 16 (557).
- (2015) Actigraphically assessed activity in unipolar depression: A comparison of inpatients with and without motor retardation. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. vol. 76 (9).
- (2015) Actigraphy can identify differences in motor activity in acute episodes of mood disorders. Bipolar Disorders. vol. 17.
- (2015) Joint analysis of psychiatric disorders increases accuracy of risk prediction for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder. American Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 96 (2).
- (2015) Psychiatric genome-wide association study analyses implicate neuronal, immune and histone pathways. Nature Neuroscience.
- (2015) Sleep problems in euthymic bipolar disorders: A review of clinical studies. Current Psychiatry Reviews. vol. 11 (4).