Postal addressAB faculty administration Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Vice Dean for Education at the Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art
Field of competence
- Teaching in architectural design and planning
- Aesthetic and semiotic aspects
- Practical Administration and Governmentality
- Born in 1951 in Bergen, Norway.
- Trained as an architect at NTNU, Trondheim in 1978.
- Practicing architect, research fellow, lecturer etc. from 1978-1987
- From 1987 the head of administration at the Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty Director of the Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art from 1989 to 2013
- Vice Dean for Education at the Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art in 2013
Have since the early 90s represented faculty in several national and international organizations. Among them The council for Professional Education of Architects and Landscapearchitects,Nordic Academy (NAA),The European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE) and The European Network of Heads of Schools of Architecture (ENHSA).
I have also been professionally active in a wide range of organizations:
- ENHSA-EAAE Theory Sub-network
- EAAE Research Committee
- The Nordic Association of Architectural Research