Background and activities
I am a medical doctor, specializing in child and adolescent mental health. I am now working on a research project concerning youth who have experienced abuse.
- Cand.Med. 2001 (university of Tromsø)
- 2003-09 worked as a resident at different departments of St.Olavs Hospital in Trondheim: Department of Pathology, Gynecology and the Cancer Clinic
- 2009 I began my specialization in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Spring 2013 employed for four years as a PhD-student in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Fields of interest
My research project is titled: "Youth at risk: Childhood adversity, psychopathology, and quality of life among adolescents in residential youth care"
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Childhood maltreatment, psychopathology and well-being: The mediator role of global self-esteem, attachment difficulties and substance use. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. vol. 70.
- (2016) Child maltreatment and quality of life: A study of adolescents in residential care. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 14:74.
- (2015) Previous maltreatment and present mental health in a high-risk adolescent population. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. vol. 45.
- (2013) Child abuse management units: How can mental health services be further improved?. Scandinavian Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology. vol. 1 (2).