Background and activities
Fields of interest and present research activities:
- Computer simulations and modelling of power systems, including electrical modelling of transformers and cables and development of simulation tools; ATPDraw.
- Power system protection and distributed generation; ProSmart.
- Power transformer; modeling, stresses; Norwegian transformer user group.
- Impact of lightning on electrical power systems, including lightning induced effects and measurements of transients.
Leader of the KPN-project ProSmart, 2015-2019. Power system protection in a smartgrid perspective. 4 PhD students, cooperation with NTNU-Telematics, Michigan Tech, SINTEF, ABB, Statnett, Eidsiva, Hafslund, Lyse, Skagerak, Statkraft.
- Overvoltages (in Norwegian) TET4130 (3rd grade spring)
- Power system analysis (relay protection), TET4115 (4th grade fall)
- Computer simulation of transisents, ELK31 (short course, 5th grade fall)
- EMC, Elektromagnetic compatibility in railroads (in Norwegian)
Supervision of master theses:
- Eilert Bjerkan; High frequency modeling of power transformers: Stresses and Diagnostics
- Nicola Chiesa; Power Transformer Modeling for Inrush Current Calculation
- Jorun Irene Marvik; Fault Localization in Medium Voltage Distribution Networks with Distributed Generation
- Dung van Nguyen; Experimental Studies of Streamer Phenomena in Long Oil Gaps