Background and activities
Fields of interest and present research activities:
- Computer simulations and modelling of power systems, including electrical modelling of transformers and cables and development of simulation tools; ATPDraw.
- Power system protection and distributed generation; ProSmart.
- Power transformer; modeling, stresses; Norwegian transformer user group.
- Impact of lightning on electrical power systems, including lightning induced effects and measurements of transients.
Leader of the KPN-project ProSmart, 2015-2019. Power system protection in a smartgrid perspective. 4 PhD students, cooperation with NTNU-Telematics, Michigan Tech, SINTEF, ABB, Statnett, Eidsiva, Hafslund, Lyse, Skagerak, Statkraft.
- Overvoltages (in Norwegian) TET4130 (3rd year, spring)
- Power system analysis (relay protection), TET4115 (4th year, fall)
- Computer simulation of transisents, ELK31 (short course, 5th year, fall)
- EMC, Elektromagnetic compatibility in railroads (in Norwegian)
Supervision of master theses:
- Eilert Bjerkan; High frequency modeling of power transformers: Stresses and Diagnostics
- Nicola Chiesa; Power Transformer Modeling for Inrush Current Calculation
- Jorun Irene Marvik; Fault Localization in Medium Voltage Distribution Networks with Distributed Generation
- Dung van Nguyen; Experimental Studies of Streamer Phenomena in Long Oil Gaps
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) High frequency wind energy conversion system for offshore DC collection grid—Part I: Comparative loss evaluation. Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks. vol. 5.
- (2016) Thévenin Equivalent of Voltage-Source Converters for DC Fault Studies. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 31 (2).
- (2016) Computational efficiency improvement of the Universal Line Model by use of rational approximations with real poles. Electric power systems research. vol. 140.
- (2016) Benchmarking of hysteretic elements in topological transformer model. Electric power systems research. vol. 138.
- (2016) High frequency wind energy conversion system for offshore DC collection grid — Part II: Efficiency improvements. Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks. vol. 5.
- (2016) A Multi-Agent System Based Protection and Control Scheme for Distribution System with Distributed Generation Integration. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
- (2016) Characterization of magnetic losses in the transformer tank steel. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 52 (4).
- (2016) Effect of DC biasing in 3-legged 3-phase transformers taking detailed model of off-core path into account. Electric power systems research. vol. 138.
- (2015) Investigation of the overvoltage and fast transient phenomena on transformer terminals by taking into account the grounding effects. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 51 (6).
- (2015) Influence of the winding design of wind turbine transformers for resonant overvoltage vulnerability. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 22 (2).
- (2015) Resonant overvoltage assessment in offshore wind farms via a parametric black-box wind turbine transformer model. Wind Energy. vol. 18 (6).
- (2015) Implementation of Inverse Hysteresis Model into EMTP - Part I: Static Model. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 30 (5).
- (2015) Implementation of Inverse Hysteresis Model into EMTP - Part II: Dynamic Model. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 30 (5).
- (2014) Field measurement and simulation of electromagnetic transients on 132 kV oil-filled submarine cables. Electric power systems research. vol. 115.
- (2014) Modeling of wind turbine transformers for the analysis of resonant overvoltages. Electric power systems research. vol. 115.
- (2013) Modification of empirical core loss calculation methods including flux distribution. IET Electric Power Applications. vol. 7 (5).
- (2013) An All-DC Offshore Wind Farm With Series-Connected Turbines: An Alternative to the Classical Parallel AC Model?. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print). vol. 60 (6).
- (2013) Analysis of Pipe-Type Cable Impedance Formulations at Low Frequencies. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 28 (4).
- (2013) Effects of reduced pressure and additives on streamers in white oil in long point-plane gap. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. vol. 46 (25).
- (2013) Influence of impurities and additives on negative streamers in paraffinic model oil. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 20 (3).