Background and activities
Harald Ellingsen has been the Head of the Department of Marine Technology since August 1, 2009. He is a professor in Fisheries and Aquaculture.
Main fields of competence
- Development of energy efficient and environmental friendly fishing gear, fishing vessels and fleet structures.
- Development of tools and strategies for environmental analyses of sea food chains including carbon footprint analyses.
- Senior Researcher. Manager for several research programs and projects. SINTEF Fisheries and Aquaculture (1999-2005)
- Senior Researcher, Section Head Hydrodynamic Research. MARINTEK, Trondheim (1993-1999)
- Marketing Manager (offshore design consulting company). Industrikonsult Trondheim AS (1992-1993)
- Manager (ship/offshore consulting company). Trondheim Engineering AS (1990-1992)
- Involved in various offshore development projects. Aker Engineering Oslo (1983-1990) (1985/86; engaged by the Norwegian Shipowners Association, Oslo)
For more information, see Harald Ellingsen’s CV to the left under contact information.