Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Motor competence is associated with physical fitness in four-to six-year-old Preschool children. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal. vol. 24 (3).
- (2016) Assessment of motor competence across the life-span: Aspects of reliability and validity of a new test battery. Sage Open.
- (2016) Pain is prevalent among adolescents and equally related to stress across genders. Scandinavian Journal of Pain. vol. 12.
- (2015) The relationship between motor competence and physical fitness is weaker in the 15–16 yr. adolescent age group than in younger age groups (4–5 yr. and 11–12 yr.). Perceptual and Motor Skills. vol. 121 (3).
- (2015) PHYSICAL FITNESS, SELF-PERCEPTION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IN CHILDREN WITH DIFFERENT MOTOR COMPETENCE. European Journal of Adapted Physical Activity. vol. 8 (1).
- (2015) Perceived stress and musculoskeletal pain are prevalent and significantly associated in adolescents : An epidemiological cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. vol. 15:1081.
- (2014) Motor competence and physical fitness in adolescents. Pediatric Physical Therapy. vol. 26 (1).
- (2014) Postural control is not systematically related to reading skills: Implications for the assessment of balance as a risk factor for developmental dyslexia. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (6).
- (2014) Individual differences in timing of discrete and continuous movements: a dimensional approach. Psychological Research. vol. 78 (2).
- (2014) Exploring the effects and specificity of playground activities on motor skills in 5 years old children. Science & sports. vol. 29.
- (2014) Links between phonological memory, first language competence and second language competence in 10-year-old children. Learning and individual differences. vol. 35.
- (2013) Physical Fitness Measures Among Adolescents With High and Low Motor Competence. Sage Open. vol. 3 (3).
- (2013) Ageing and driving: Examining the effects of visual processing demands. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour. vol. 17.
- (2013) Individual Differences in Motor Timing and Its Relation to Cognitive and Fine Motor Skills. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (7).
- (2013) Exploring individual differences in children's mathematical skills: A correlational and dimensional approach. Psychological Reports. vol. 113 (1).
- (2013) Motor Competence in 11-Year-Old Boys and Girls. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. vol. 57 (5).
- (2012) From Children to Adults: Motor Performance across the Life-Span. PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (6).
- (2012) INTERRELATIONS BETWEEN THREE FINE MOTOR SKILLS IN YOUNG ADULTS. Perceptual and Motor Skills. vol. 115 (1).
- (2012) Timing continuous or discontinuous movements across effectors specified by different pacing modalities and intervals. Experimental Brain Research. vol. 220 (3-4).
- (2012) Baby swimming: exploring the effects of early intervention on subsequent motor abilities. The 14th conference on Social and Community psychology - Conference abstracts.